Alone Once Again

Izuku's POV

   It's been a while since my mother has passed away. Her funeral was held a few days ago, but sadly, not many people came. Kacchan's family came, some of mother's friends and family came, but even so, there was only around 5-6 people in total. 

   That made me realize how much time my mother spent in taking care of me, helping me, and supporting everything that I did. That made me feel so much worse about how I've taken everything so lightly.

   I've promised that I will become a great son for my mother, a great person that children can look up to, and a reliable hero that people can trust in. Although, what I am doing is far from being a 'hero,' since technically, no matter how much good stuff I did, I'm still doing it illegally...

   Anyways, I've moved out of the house, probably more like kicked out since I couldn't pay the rent. I started living on the streets, mostly on rooftops, so I don't get discovered easily. But there was a time where a shop owner saw me lurking around on the roof of the shop next to her so I decided to take more caution to that.

   I've been training my one remaining quirk as well, although it's no longer even considered a quirk now. It wasn't only Dr. Susumu who said that I had no quirk, other quirk doctors told me that too and every test I've gotten had the same exact results. So I've come to the conclusion that the quirk is now a part of me, which I wouldn't consider to be a good thing.

   I have also been making a plan to crash Overhaul's hideout. I've been spying on several heroes, villains, and hero agencies, hoping to find out some useful information, and I've been able to find out about Overhaul's whereabouts. I also learned about how the other heroes were going to crash Overhaul's hideout so I decided to put my plan into action sooner than I would've liked.

   I was planning to raid his hideout some day next week, a few days before the heroes get there and just sneak away the child I've heard about. I will fight Overhaul if I need to but I would prefer not to, since that'll just waste my time.

   I sighed, throwing away the apple juice I was sipping on. I walked around the night street, wearing a simple black hoodie and a black cap. Sure, it may look suspicious but who would think that a wanted vigilante would go around walking in the streets. 

   Besides, my shapeshifting skills have improved since I've first used it. I've been training really hard since I started living on the streets. I improved greatly on my illusions, which could last up till a day, and I could fly, or more like float, for around a minute. I still have lots of room for improvement, considering that brainwashing people is a pain for me. I can control a small amount of light and darkness but controlling time is something I haven't even tried yet. Like heck will I try that.

   I've been seeing lost spirits these days and have been helping them out as well, even though helping out spirits were much harder than helping people, I enjoyed it much. Especially lost spirits...

   Lost spirits are spirits that have an large, strong urge for revenge or and urge to live. Lost spirits are also spirits that have a large amount of mana. Akari had once told me that kitsunes had often killed these spirits, using their mana or power to their advantage. Although that was banned a long time ago, and now kitsunes were only allowed to come in contact with these spirits when helping them out.

   I guess I'm doing the same thing, just that I'm not a kitsune. But with everything happening and my appearance changing more by day, I'm not really sure if I'm a human anymore. 

   "Maybe I wasn't one to begin with..."

Ikari's POV (Just incase you forgot, Ikari's the 4th wall breaker, aka Akari's, sister.)

   "What do you mean Izuku's the cause of his mother's death?!" I yelled, confused, yet angry that my brother said that.  "Why would Izuku ever harm her?!"

   "I'm not saying that he did it on purpose!" Akari yelled back. 

   "Guys, calm down...The others are sleeping and the keeper's going to be angry if you caused a ruckus in the resting dimension." Kaede said, slightly glaring at us. "Do you want to get kick out during our vacation?"

   We then calmed down and Akari soon spoke up.

   "What I'm saying is that he might have been consuming her life energy." My brother explained. I stared at Akari, still confused. "You remember that we were consuming too much of Izuku's mana and causing him to be sick, right?"

   "Yes, of course. That's why we left him in the first place." I retorted. "You're talking to me as if I'm stupid or something."

   "Well...You kind of are." Kaede said, quietly. I glared at him, about to punch him but he just dodge, simply cleaning his glasses. "You're too violent, Ikari. Not to mention your a simpleton."

   I huffed, sending Kaede glares as he observed his glasses. Akari laughed hysterically at me, getting on my nerves. He ended up getting punched by me anyways.

   "These things are crappy." Kaede scrunched up his nose, putting on his glasses again. "How do humans use these anyways?"

   I just sighed and turned to my brother, who was about to continue his explanation.

   "So, like you know, kitsunes have to replenish their energy every once and a while...And that only happens when kitsunes are in the same dimension as the Kitsune Crystal. The longest a kitsune can go without replenishing their energy is varies between a few months to a year, depending on how much tails they have." My brother said. "If they don't replenish their energy, the worst outcome is death. But kitsunes have another way of replenishing their energy, which is to consume mana or life energy from other creatures."

   "And?" I asked, still not getting what he was trying to say.

   "What he's trying to say is that Izuku may have been unintentionally consuming his mother's life energy to replenish his energy." Kaede said, giving me an 'are you an idiot look.' "That could be possible since he's been living in the human dimension ever since he could remember. But that's only if he is a kitsune."

   "But, isn't he a human?" I asked. "He's been a human ever since he was born?"

   "He may have lived like a human...But that doesn't mean he is one."