Chapter 14

Haley

Archer said he will be in his office after we were done with our breakfast. I was helping Mrs.Nolan with the dishes even though she insisted that she can do it by herself.

"I'm not a guest." I said to her. I don't know if I should reveal that I'm going to be his assistant.

"You are, that's what Mr.Rivera said." She frowned.

"I'm used to doing things by myself." I tell her and she smiled.

"One independent woman."

"Exactly." I said.

"You are different." She said and then turned to load the dishes in the dishwasher.

I didn't push her to explain and kept quiet. I load my laundry in the washing machine and sat on the bar stool helping Mrs.Nolan peel the garlic for lunch.

"I thought you said you were tired." Archer said looking confused.

"My clothes are in the wash.."

He looked at Kaitlyn.

"I wanted to do it." I added.

"You should go to bed." He frowns.

"I'm keeping myself busy, so that I don't mess my schedule." I tell him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Peeling the garlic." I said showing him.

He sighed. "Before you were complaining about sleeping."

"Now, I'm wide awake after the shower. I will take afternoon naps though."

He shake his head a little.

"I should check my laundry." I said trying to avoid him.

"I will handle the rest." Mrs.Nolan said.

"Thank you, Kaitlyn." Archer said.

"I can do it." I said. "It's my laundry."

"You can help me do something." Archer interrupted.

I give him a suspicious look and looked at Mrs.Nolan who was long gone.

"Come follow me." He said as he led me to the other side of his apartment in the ground floor and opened a mahogany door. I walked in and noticed the feature and guess it's his office.

"What help would you like?" I asked.

"For starter, we have to call Wyatt through video calling...but he doesn't know yet that your position is temporary in my office."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"The less people find out our motive, the more better. It will be suspicious if I said your position as my assistant is temporary."

"It's more suspicious that from an editing job I became your assistant. How did I became your assistant. I believe we have to be on the same page."

"You applied to be my assistant." He give me a cheshire grin.

"No." I said. "What the heck, why would I do that? Don't you have process to go through? And why do we have to explain to Wyatt about anything that you do?"

"That old man is nosy as f^ck. He's good at his job, just too nosy at people's business." He scrunched his nose in disgust. "If he say something, do not answer and divert the question and if you can't, that's the story."

"Why do I want to be your assistant?" I asked.

"Make some excuse, say you wanted to move to New York and that the only position available in the company was of the assistant?"