Chapter 11

I've been keeping my distance from Leon lately. I don't really know why, but I just feel like it is necessary. I think getting close to him is just mentally hurting me? Straining? Maybe it was just Dexter or Elisabeth...I've never been good at expressing my emotions, but let me tell you, it hurts a lot more than I expected.

I sat and listened to the lecture but not really listening in the same sense. Soon enough class was over and I gathered my stuff to head out. I've been cold and it's been making me crave his touch, if that makes sense. Nothing sexual of anything like that, but just being held in his arms felt nice. I have known of him longer than I could expect. But actually knowing him is still more recent, so why does it hurt so much?

"Hey Jody!" A cheerful voice called to me. I sighed and turned around to see Cordell.

"Hey Cordell." I nodded.

"Okay so I need your help!" Cordell said anxiously.

"With what?" I tilted my head.

"So I want to finally ask Ivy on a date and I'm wondering what flowers to get her." He said running a hand through his hair. I thought for a second before reaching a conclusion.

"Lilacs" I smiled.

"Really? Okay! Thanks Jody you're the best!" He said giving me a pat on the back before running off. When I turned around I half expected Leon to actually be there waiting for me. Waiting for him to interrogate me on why Cordell was talking to me, but of course he wasn't. Why does my chest hurt? I can't expect him to constantly follow me around like a puppy.

-

I got back to my room with Colette and flopped down on my bed. I let out a deep sigh. Then looked in Colette's direction. When she didn't do anything, I let out a deep sigh again.

"Okay girl what's up with you? You've been down in the dumps lately." She frowned and got up to sit next to me.

"I don't know. My chest hurts." I mumbled.

"Your chest?" She tilted her head, "Oh my are you dying?!" She screamed gripping her hair.

"No no!" I quickly sat up and tried to calm her down.

"It's just...I've been keeping my distance with Leon lately." I look up to meet her eyes. She looks at me calmly waiting for me to continue.

"I think I miss him...I don't really know why, but I do."

"Why'd you start keeping distance in the first place? You guys seemed like such great friends." Colette mumbled.

"It was straining..."

"Straining?"

"Like, I feel like whatever I did with him would trigger something bad to happen."

"Like?"

"Mostly stuff involving Dexter and Elisabeth. I'm starting to think they are teaming up on me or something." I laughed lightly, "That's stupid, right?"

"I mean I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that." She replied.

"Yeah maybe...It hurts a lot more than I expected it too."

"Could you...like him?" She asked causing me to blush.

"No I couldn't!" I protested.

"Why couldn't you? You both hang out a lot and seem pretty close." She said giving me a sly smile.

"I-I- ugh I don't know. I've never been in touch with my feelings. If anything I think we both haven't been very good friends to each other. Well maybe it was just me..." She tilted her head questioningly.