three

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter three

They both clambered out of the rusty blue jeep, Stiles gently picking up the wounded girl and heading straight into the animal Clinic that had just opened literally seconds ago. The open sign wasn't flipped over, having the 'we're closed' side facing the parking lot. Yet, this was the time Scott normally would come around to clock in for work back in his sophomore year-- hopefully Deaton still used those same times or else they were pretty much screwed.

The bell above the door of the Clinic rang, signaling that someone had entered the building. "I'm sorry, we're not open just yet." A voice said with his back turned, not able to see who had entered the Clinic.

"Deaton," Scott announced.  "We kinda need your help."  

And with that, Deaton whirled around taking in the scene of the girl's limp body in Stiles's arms.

Without wasting a second, he led them to a back room with scattered medical supplies and a big metal table in the middle of the room, "Put her down here." Deaton gestured to the silver table, Stiles then putting the girl down on the surface.

As Deaton carefully examined her tattered body, trying to disinfect the bloody wounds that were practically everywhere. The man suddenly came to a theory. His dark brown eyes widened and it did not go unnoticed as Scott and Stiles were staring at him.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked.

He watched as Deaton hesitated to respond for a moment, his timid eye's not meeting theirs which only made them more eager to know what he wasn't filling them in on.

"Nothing." He finally responded, not looking at either of them in the eye and just continued to examine the brunette on the table, but more tentatively.

But they could both tell it was something.

"How did this happen?" he asked, swiftly changing the subject.

"I was going on a run," he started. "Then she ran into me and I heard things behind us--like um, growling. So, we ran to the school and locked ourselves in a classroom until the things left, but that's when she fell unconscious. I then took her home because you weren't open." Scott explained awkwardly.

"When have you guys ever waited until I was open?"

The two boys stopped and gawked at one another.

It was silent as the vet examined her, the room filled with undeniable tension that no one could place. Scott listened intently to her heart beat to make sure that she was still alive while Stiles ended up calling Lydia and Allison to fill them in on what had happened, not wanting to leave them in the dark any more than they had too.