Alternate Reality

Katherine stood to one side as Jace and Clary came out of Hotel DuMort's back door. ''Oh, thank god.'' she turned her back towards Izzy and Meliorn ,not wanting to see them kiss. 

Jace and Clary weren't so lucky as they saw the two kiss and looked away ''I know.'' Jace smile at her and  cleared his throat and ''I hate to break this reunion, Izzy.But we have to go.'' Izzy pulled away from the seelie ''You are in good hands.'' she looked at the three ''I need to get back to the Institute see what the hell has broken lose.'' her eyes looked at  Katherine with concern '' Try and talk some sense into Alec.''

She stiffened at his name and looked away, Katherine had said her goodbyes to Alec in her own way, but didn't knew till how long she could really avoid him. Jace and Clary, along with Izzy  looked with concern at her and even the seelie's eyes were filled with pity. Isabelle looked at Meliorn before looking back at them ''Take care of him.''

''We will.'' Clary assured and Izzy grabbed Katherine by the arm after giving Meliorn a parting kiss ''Mind if I borrow her for a moment?'' Jace shook his head and looked at the older girl ''We'll be waiting.'' Katherine nodded her head and walked  a bit further away with Izzy ''What do you want to talk about?''.

''You love my brother.'' the younger Lightwood said and she looked away in defeat ''I do. And does it matter? Alec has made his call.'' Izzy sighed ''Kate, I-'' ''Don't Izzy.'' Katherine looked back at her .

 ''No, listen to me,Kate.'' Izzy took her hands in her own '' Don't give up on him.'' Katherine looked at the ground before looking back at Izzy, her eyes shining '' I won't ruin his marriage to Lydia, Iz. I won't....I owe that much to Robert and Maryse and Alec and to you.'' 

''Owe?'' Izzy blinked at her in confusion ''Kate, you are family, and family doesn't owe each other.''

 Katherine looked at where Jace and Clary were talking with Meliorn. She sighed at what she was about to say '' If I am your family, Izzy. Then you won't ask me to stop your brother's marriage, I love Alec yes and I love him enough to not destroy his family's image.'' Katherine gave the younger girl a smile as her eyes wandered over to where the rest three were waiting for her.

''You should head back....and don't-if you ever saw me as your family-bother Alec about me.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alec was talking to another shadowhunter when he saw Izzy entering the Institute ''Where the hell have you been?'' he approached her.

''Where I needed to be.'' Izzy looked at her brother in annoyance, Katherine's word still lingering in her head ''Away from you and your fiancee.'' ''Jace and Clary and Kate.'' Alec looked away as the last name brought back painful yet memories  filled with love ''Those three are on the run.'' Izzy saw that and looked away from her brother.

''I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth.'' 

''I don't need protecting.'' the younger sibling glared at the older one ''Meliorn's alive.That's all that matters.'' ''Just-hey....'' Alec caught Izzy's arm as she tried to walk away from him ''Just tell me  this...'' he looked at Lydia who was talking to Raj before looking back at Izzy ''Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?.'' 

Both the siblings looked at him before Izzy looked back at Alec ''Can I ask you something?''

''Yeah?''

Katherine's words came back to her and she groaned ''Damn Kate and her way with words.'' Alec stiffened and looked at her ''What?''

Izzy saw the way Alec suddenly looked alert and at the same time uncomfortable ''Nothing.'' she smirked and walked away, leaving Alec confused and flustered.