3

Monday comes around much slower than I'd like it to, and the anxiety builds the whole time. The morning of I barely register my alarm going off, I'm already up and getting ready.

I wonder to myself is Buzzfeed is like a casual place? Business casual maybe? Then again this is like an interview maybe I should go a little more formal? Than I think about Shane and his slightly disheveled personality and decide to settle for something a little more stylish but casual,this is the place known for "what type of bread are you?" Quizzes after all.

The outfit is cool enough for the weather in L

The outfit is cool enough for the weather in L.A. right now, and I do it up a little with jewelry. Once I feel confident enough with the look I grab my backpack and drive to Buzzfeed Headquarters early, leaving plenty of room to deal with L.A. traffic.

When I get to Buzzfeed I shoot Shane a text, usually I'm a pretty relaxed person but for some reason my nerves are surprisingly high as I wait for the elevator doors to open and Shane to greet me. I stand in the reception area with my hands in my pockets, trying to put out a ~chill~ vibe so people can't tell I'm actually pretty anxious. I see another girl swipe in nearby, she glances at me and then pauses,

"Girl! I love your outfit!" She says, I smile and feel some of my nerves dissipate,

"Thanks!" I smile, just then the elevator dings and the doors open up, the other girl steps on and Shane steps off.

"Hey!" He says, smiling.

"Hey!" I reply, walking to meet him at the elevator, I stretch out my hand to shake his and he laughs a bit, shaking it but saying

"Like I said, I'm just a coworker." He jokes,

"Right!" i laugh and we step onto the elevator.

"So what should I be excpecting?" I ask,

"Well I'll probably bring you to meet Ryan first and then we can meet with some of the other production people later, it's still a pretty small team... you could probably tell from the videos." He laughs, I shake my head,

"Not at all!" I say, even though yeah, their videos were lacking a little in production quality at the moment but that didn't take anything away from them, and I could tell they definitely had a lot of potential. The elevator doors part to reveal an open office space, with employees milling about and chatting casually, or sitting at their desks typing or editing. It looks like exactly my kind of place to be honest. Shane leads me past a couple of the desks, nodding in the direction of a few people he must know until we stop at what must be Ryan's desk. He is pouring over footage and research, I'm assuming for the next episode, and he's got a pair of headphones fitted over his ears.

Shane knocks on his desk, breaking Ryan away from his screen with a start, and Shane smirks a bit. Ryan pulls his headphones off, and looks at Shane expectantly.

"Sophie" He nods to me, "from the airport." He says. I smile and wave,

"Hey! Nice to meet you!" I say, shaking Ryan seems to register who I am after a second,