Chapter 122: Longing Chulian

Xiang Zihui was currently writing a letter for one of his great accomplices, Emperor Ying Zheng of Qin State. Since the immortal pill he is looking for is in Ying Zheng's den, Zihui must personally visit. However, he cant focus his attention at the letter for something slipped in his thoughts.

Under the bright light of a pale crescent moon, he saw two figures that are quite intimate while leaning on the wisteria tree. Xiang Zihui never thought his friend, the rumoured cold blooded and ruthless ruler, Ying Zheng have fallen in love to a woman. He knew the girl's name is Fang Ye Xue and she have the same face as Zhao Chulian but their eyes are rather different. One is dark and full of hostility while the other have a pair of empty red eyes.

At that moment, Xiang Zihui tried teasing Ying Zheng, saying the Emperor of Qin is dating a girl under the elegant moon. He never thought that Ying Zheng would raised his head, a face full of grief.

Xiang Zihui felt it was quite uncomfortable since they both have some similarities on their looks, even their eyes have the shade of purple but their hair were like Yin and Yang, dark and white.

He was confused as to why would Ying Zheng be like that when his eyes drifted to Fang Ye Xue, a half arrow had stabbed her back, straight to the heart. Xiang Zihui knew this would happen to him if he keeps Chulian at his side, he must hurry and stop their interactions already but first, he still needs to remove her blindness.

"Wait...." he muttered after dazing off, Xiang Zihui's slender brow knitted in the sudden realization. When he heard the news of Ying Zheng taking fancy over a palace musician, Xiang Zihui gathered some informations about that person. The name Fang Ye Xue then crossed his mind and he just knew that she came from a general's estate. He didnt pay much attention at that time since he thought it was normal for Ying Zheng to take a momentarily liking towards a girl.

Looking at the situation now, he is in a rush to find the cure for Chulian, Xiang Zihui will surely visit Qin State this year. Moreover, he have heard from Ying Zheng that the great General Fang Wang Zhen have married a foreign woman before, Xiang Zihui immediately placed General Fang as one of his targets.

"Your Highness?" the sound of his shadow guard snapped him out of his thoughts, he set the brush aside and gestured the shadow guard to speak.

"Miss Chulian is currently outside. She wished to meet Master."

Xiang Zihui's mood went gloomy. "Why have'nt you let her in yet?! If she catch a cold...."

The shadow guard shivered from fear, he knew well how strict Xiang Zihui is when disciplining and punishing servants. He immediately left and soon enough, Zhao Chulian entered with Xiao Hai guiding her inside.

"Why are you here?" he didnt bother to take a look at her as he continued writing the letter.

Xiao Hai who saw his actions, felt quite angry. But she have no rights to voice her thought, Xiao Hai is a maidservant in the end. Her young mistress, Chulian have lost her chastity to Xiang Zihui yet this is how he treated her?! How infuriating! He doesnt even gave her the title of a concubine!

On the other side, Yun Ren Xie would have also felt the same as Xiao Hai if only she can see how indifferent the prince acted towards her. All she heard is a questioning voice, no disgust, no anger and no malice. Its already satisfying for her.

"Brother Zihui, can I attend the Winter Banquet this time?" she used the childish tone of Zhao Chulian, this is how the original owner of the body plead for something. What can Xiang Zihui say? Zhao Chulian had a head injury so he is more tolerant and gave her everything she wanted, he have not known the girl is spoilt by him that everyone in the manor thought Zhao Chulian is being groomed by him personally.

They even bet that she will become one of Xiang Zihui's imperial concubines. However, the thought of the naive and innocent beauty like Zhao Chulian entering a harem full of thorny flowers is pitiful. What if she ended up being devoured whole?

"Huh?" Xiang Zihui is stunned for a moment, he stopped writing and stared at those empty red iris. It was for the first time Zhao Chulian wanted to attend gatherings. Ever since he took her in and treated her kindly, she never made appearances in this sort of large banquet. Before, it would be her who would try asking him to grant her permission in participating but Xiang Zihui forbid her. He knew well that in her current situation, Zhao Chulian will be easily bullied.

After a few tries of bringing this sort of topic and receiving a cold 'no', Zhao Chulian stopped pestering him but now...

"No." he simply answered, turning his attention back to the paper. Xiang Zihui did not bother to take a look at her, in the past, she would just harrumph and throw tantrums while he would try coaxing her. He still remembered that only a single candy will make her shut up and smile radiantly, Xiang Zihui doesnt know where that habit of her's came from. The corner of his lips went to an arc, a seductive type of smile that any woman cant resist. The maids that are standing by gulped, is the prince angry? But his looks were truly irresistable, ah!

Suddenly, a sob made him frown. The captivating smile of him disappeared as he glanced up to see a crying Zhao Chulian. She was biting her lip to avoid more sounds coming out since she knew well how Xiang Zihui hated sobs and cries. Her eyes betrayed her still as tears were strolling down her cheeks. This aroused the pity of those around, why is the prince being too cold and straightforward to such a lady? What's more, she have the mindset of a ten year old child!

"You....." Xiang Zihui controlled himself, trying not to show any sign of concern.

"Please? Brother Zihui, I.... Chulian only w-wished for this. Promise! This will be the last one!" she said between her sobbing.

Xiang Zihui felt complicated, he steeled his heart and tried to leave his study when Zhao Chulian tugged at his sleeve.

"Ah Lian, dont try-"

"No! I want to attend the banquet, please? Chulian wont let go if Brother Zihui still wont agree!"

"Let go." he wanted to brush her hands off but he cant, Xiang Zihui doesnt know what to do! Seeing her resolute face, he harrumphed and let her hold unto him.

Yun Ren Xie wanted to finish her missions quickly so we can see she is a desperate girl, stubborn and selfish but her heart is pure and kind. Only that her view is more dull than others, everything is black and white for her. Those she have good impressions to her are inside the white corner and those who left a bad impression is on the dark side. It just happened that Xiang Zihui, the cold and indifferent prince, is drawn on the dark corner.