Chapter 123: Longing Chulian

Grabbing his sleeve tightly, Yun Ren Xie doesnt want to go back now or else, she'd lose face and this Xiang Zihui will just disregard her once more! Xiao Hai chased after them but when Xiang Zihui glared at her direction, shadow guards blocked Xiao Hai. This indicated that he will handle this matter himself and no one is allowed to intervene.

His strides were longer and fast while Yun Ren Xie tried her best to keep up with the menacing skirt of her's. It was even harder than she expected since Zhao Chulian have a frail body. She started to breathe heavily when Xiang Zihui stopped. Yun Ren Xie didnt foresee that move and hit her head on his chest instead.

The impact caused her to step back for a bit as she rubbed her nose. Xiang Zihui hadnt expected her to be that clumsy, he trained qinggong and martial arts since he was seven, it might hurt Zhao Chulian, right?

"Go back, you stay inside your courtyard for three weeks!" he wanted to pull his sleeve but he felt hesitant that it might make her feel wronged.

"No!"

"Zhao Chulian...." Xiang Zihui tried to threaten her but his view changed, he cant use his normal algid side to her anymore ever since that night. Maybe guilt have consumed him?

All day, she followed him, they ended up inside his study room once more. Xiang Zihui thought she will grow bored and leave but when dusk engulfed their sights, he found her sleeping peacefully at the side. Zhao Chulian propped her head on top of the table, her brows were a bit creased.

He never thought she is this stubborn, what could have made her change like this? Xiang Zihui is clueless, he gently picked her up and led her in a side room. His study room is far from the inner courtyards since he always wanted to stay alone and it sets his mind at peace. Xiang Zihui cant bring her back inside her current courtyard, its already late at night and the wind is cold.

After setting her down, he sat at the side and tried to sleep. However, he is feeling a bit off about himself. Xiang Zihui frowned and his eyes eventually sat on Zhao Chulian. The flickering candle light helped him a lot to enjoy the beauty. She have such white jadeite skin, her eyelashes were long and thick that it overshadowed her face. Her nose is small and cute....

In the end, he stared at those pink luscious lips. Xiang Zihui was at loss when he realized what he have been doing.

This is not right! He must restrain himself but the memories of their night made him even more uncomfortable.

Zhao Chulian turned and tossed for a while, her upper clothes were a bit loose as it showed her snow white chest and neck. Xiang Zihui is a man after all, he cant escape the trap of a beauty somehow when she is around him.

Unable to hold it in, Xiang Zihui earned his courage and went on top of the bed. He gripped her chin lightly as he raised her head, Xiang Zihui's heart palpitated wildly. Both of them looked enchanting, a little beauty with alluring features and a man with handsome looks. His eyes were half-lidded while staring at the pink lips of Zhao Chulian.

Slowly, their lips touched. A warm feeling rushed through him, her lips were just too soft and it seemed that he is not satisfied. Xiang Zihui reluctantly bit her lower lip for the last time and he let go. He is in great discomfort but Xiang Zihui knew his place. The girl will be bethrothed to someone else in the future but who will accept her? Xiang Zihui have many subordinates to count on, they can treat her kindly and will look over her. Even though her chastity is gone, with just one word from him, no one can object his decision of marrying Zhao Chulian to them.

It might look ruthless but more misunderstandings will occur if she continued staying at his side, even Jiang Yi Huai and him will suffer the same fate as Ying Zheng. The curse upon him cant be stopped.

Xiang Zihui smiled wryly, he tossed his outer robes and slept beside the girl. She have been shivering the whole time and only he can provide some warmth. He embraced the girl from behind, Xiang Zihui have been comfortable around her.

Just as the two were in deep slumber, Jiang Yi Huai have been spying on them, sitting leisurely on top of a withered tree. He have sharp senses that is the same as Xiang Zihui, they have been born inside a pretty chaotic family so it is natural to gain better insights and train for protection. Xiang Zihui have to escape the schemes of every imperial concubines, he have to fight over his blood related brothers just to survive, betrayal surrounded him and trust is not inside his vocabulary.

Jiang Yi Huai is different, he wasnt born a prince but rather a concubine child from a fifth rank official. There were no days he was humiliated, maltreated and set him up. He is more brutal that Xiang Zihui, Jiang Yi Huai looked down upon them and finally, killed his own father at the age of ten. After the murder, he left his home and wandered. It was rather brave of him and finally, he met Xiang Zihui at the military camp where they aided each other.

They both earned merits, they became well known, respected and wealthy. However, that damned God of Fate dare set a curse upon them! There is a way to escape it and it was to avoid intimate actions with that girl's reincarnation.

Jiang Yi Huai sighed, have Zihui fallen? Not good! Certainly not!

"Fei Long." he called out with a low tone. The shadow guard knelt in front of the tree.

"Watch over your master. If possible, keep Miss Chulian away from him."

Fei Long is puzzled, why is the divine doctor Jiang Yi Huai giving such order? Although he is confused, Fei Long had no choice but comply. He hid back in the darkness once more, his thoughts were rather complicated.

Jiang Yi Huai and Xiang Zihui were both his master, he knew how many hardships they've been through since childhood. One is a prince with great bloodthirst yet treated his subordinates as brothers. The other is a divine doctor but when you provoked his limits, you will regret living than dying.

But over those twelve years, Fei Long never found them bothering about romantic relationships and women. But now, Xiang Zihui have been close to two girls, it was the pearl of Chu State, Young Miss Yu Heng and the other is the fallen beauty Zhao Chulian.

As for why his master, Xiang Zihui is tolerant towards Yu Heng, they knew well that it was for power. However, why is he even more intimate to Zhao Chulian? It was clearly Xiang Zihui who set the Zhao Family's death.

In Jiang Yi Huai's case, Fei Long admits this divine doctor have been a lone wolf all through the years. He also know that Jiang Yi Huai never mentioned any woman's name, as if he is allergic to them.

To sum it up, only Zhao Chulian can make such difference of both sides.