Chapter 124: Longing Chulian

Yun Ren Xie woke up earlier the next morning, she felt there is a heavy object that encased her. With a frown, she tried to remove it but noticed something was off.

"Mmm....." Xiang Zihui furrowed his brows, he opened his eyes to see Zhao Chulian's nervous face. Her small snow white hand is prying over his arm that was placed on top of her shoulder.

"B-Brother?" she stammered, they hadnt done the deed right? Yun Ren Xie have cold sweat all over her back, Zhao Chulian's future is ruined by her! In the first place, Xiang Zihui wanted Chulian to marry off after sleeping with her and Yun Ren Xie wanted to avoid him after using his connections since the male lead is at his side. Who would have thought they ended up together in a single bed again? She wanted to cry in such distress, what good is it if she becomes one of Xiang Zihui's hundred consort?

On the other side, Xiang Zihui have been irritated at how she called him 'brother'. He removed his arm and got out of the bed. The look on Zhao Chulian have been open, Xiang Zihui immediately knew what she is thinking. "Nothing happened." he simply said and took two winter robes from the closet. "Stand up, you have'nt eaten yet so lets head to the parlour."

Yun Ren Xie obediently nodded her head, she sighed inwardly in relief after hearing him. However, something still remained confusing to her. If Xiang Zihui saved her host seven years ago, does that mean he treasured Chulian? But why after they slept together, Xiang Zihui never gave her a promise? Maybe he is afraid that if Zhao Chulian becomes one of his future concubines, she will be bullied? He even wanted to marry her off from one of his subordinates to keep her safe, he even went to seek another doctor to treat her, all in all, Xiang Zihui is concerned about Zhao Chulian's well being. But, why is he this cold and distant?

Also, her Senior System told her that Xiang Zihui is responsible of Zhao Chulian's death in the future. What could have happened? Could it be, Zhao Chulian became obsessed of him? Have she committed wrongdoings in the future? Yun Ren Xie felt helpless, this Xiang Zihui is really unpredictable. If possible, she shouldnt count on him too much. Such perfect and peaceful relationship were destroyed. She only knew it was the female lead's set up for Zhao Chulian and ended up being despised by Xiang Zihui. Did he really handled Zhao Chulian? How heartless!

"What are you thinking?" Xiang Zihui interrupted her thoughts, he can see fear from her face.

"N-nothing." she shivered from worry, if Yu Lei successfully transmigrate then her life is in line. Just a month from now and the female lead will arrive, moreover, Xiang Zihui is still around her. She must find a way to go as far as possible from him! If marrying, no way! She'd just escape and continue her missions.

Yun Ren Xie collected herself and got out of the bed, she is about to leave when someone grabbed her wrist.

"Its cold outside." Xiang Zihui hold her still and draped the warm cloak around her shoulder. He expected a smile from Zhao Chulian but she only kept her head lowered. What's bothering her? Maybe she is still afraid after he slept with her, Xiang Zihui admits that he have been rough on her that night. He sighed helplessly and pulled her as they went towards the parlour. Xiang Zihui slowed his pace as possible for her so she wont be tired.

Yun Ren Xie have been cautious as she can when he stopped just in front of the parlour, she didnt foresee that! Her poor nose hurts as she hissed and rubbed it gently. Cant he give her a warning? Its the second time already!

"This servant greets His Highness." a girl in pink hanfu bowed respecfully, she have been waiting for Xiang Zihui.

"Rise."

After hearing a girl's voice, Yun Ren Xie raised her head in confusion. She knew well that Xiang Zihui hated women, only Zhao Chulian and Yu Heng can get close to him. Then that means.....

Xiang Zihui suddenly let go of her wrist, even Yun Ren Xie is surprised. What is this? Why does she feel disappointed?

"Oh, Your Highness, is she your con-"

"No." he answered Yu Heng's question, Xiang Zihui glanced at Zhao Chulian who is being helped by maids. "Since you came, have a seat and eat with us."

"Much thanks Your Highness but.... This girl paid a visit in General Nian Feng's regards. He asked this girl to pass a letter." Yu Heng took a paper out from her sleeve pocket and handed it to Xiang Zihui, she bid her farewell and left.

Xiang Zihui have been smirking, his general and his future fiance are being close. He wont be surprised if Yu Heng isnt pure anymore at their wedding night, Nian Feng is a man who have lots of concubines with no wives.

As they were eating, Yun Ren Xie reminded herself about the Winter Banquet. "Brother Zihui?"

"En?"

Although she is afraid to ask, Yun Ren Xie mentioned it. "Can I attend the banquet?" she innocently blinked her empty eyes.

They were at the edge of the table and currently facing each other, Xiang Zihui stared back at the girl and the sight of her blank gaze made him sympathize a bit. Yun Ren Xie heard no replies so her brows knitted in confusion, it was silent here....

"I promise! Ah Lian wont cause trouble!" she even raised her hands in the moment of panic, Yun Ren Xie is muddled at her reactions! Why is she so ardent towards him? She feared him too much and it wasnt her unusual self!

"You can." he felt like he have lost his appetite. Xiang Zihui left the parlour alone with a gloomy face, he really agreed?! Such stupid decision of him! He wont be able to watch over her at the Winter Banquet since he and Yu Heng are preparing for a show, what should he do then? Xiang Zihui stopped in his track, he closed his eyes while pondering.

"Zihui." a man in refined white robes approached him, he have a deity like air around him with feminine looks. Dark ebony hair werent tied as it freely cascaded, his golden pair of eyes were cold and unreadable.

"Have you found out?" Xiang Zihui glanced at the man before him, his face remained indifferent.

"Did." Jiang Yi Huai's smile grew wider, he closed the fan in his hand and stared at the sky with a playful look. "Your future consort and most capable general have done the deed."

For a man to hear their future wife losing her chastity over other person, the normal reaction would be angry. In Xiang Zihui's state, he never showed any emotion of anger or disgust, rather, his lips curved to a threatening arc.

"Ah, she ended up in a dead end." he responsed in a natural tone, Xiang Zihui have expected it but does that girl Yu Heng, can outsmart him? He needs power to secure everything in the future, Xiang Zihui aimed for the throne not for his own use but to aid Ying Zheng.