Chapter 125: Longing Chulian

To get power other than earning merits, one must engage in political marriage. Every prince in Chu State still have hope of trampling over the crown prince and the only way is marrying a daughter from a powerful official. Xiang Zihui is not the only ambitious royalty here, there is also Emperor Yu's second son, Xiang Se.

The second prince, Xiang Se is also a good military strategist but he is still inferior to Xiang Zihui. In order to overpower the crown prince, he decided to set his eyes on Yu Heng, the only daughter of the first wife from Minister Yu's Estate.

Yu Family is the most prestigious family in Chu State, they have been a great help to the Emperors for hundred years at most, the scholars from Yu Family were respected and the lowest rank is only a third rank official. Earning each Emperor's rewards, they can be considered the wealthiest noble already. Other than aiding previous emperors, Yu Family also have lots of business chains around the capital.

The current head of the family is Minister Yu from the Treasury Department, a first rank official, one must say he is under the Emperor but there are hundreds below him. Minister Yu have no concubines and doted on his wife dearly, they only have one daughter and it is Yu Heng. As for Yu Lei, she is just a maid's daughter who drugged the Minister. Yu Lei's mother is killed immediately after her birth and the First Wife despised her so much. They gave Yu Heng to a mama's care until she grew up into a fine hidden young miss, only Yu Heng is fond of her and they treated each other dearly.

Xiang Se only aimed for the eldest di, who would want to marry a maid's daughter anyway? However, Xiang Zihui have foreseen his nephew's plans of rebellion, even Minister Yu agreed to side at Xiang Se's faction. But who is Xiang Zihui? He is a man of full schemes!

Naturally, he must act before the others do. Emperor Yu favored his youngest brother too than his son's. He knew his sons will kill him in the future just for the throne but Xiang Zihui never had such intentions to him. They were both the son of the late Empress and during their younger days, both of them protected each other. Xiang Zihui on the other hand, rarely ask for any request so when he mentioned to Emperor Yu that he wants to marry Yu Heng, the emperor was baffled and immediately agreed.

Xiang Zihui is not just a scheming prince or bloodthirsty general but also a sly fox. He knew well that Yu Heng and his trusted general Nian Feng were childhood friends. Its not surprising if one day he founds out they have done the deed, Xiang Zihui is rather pleased!

To get Yu Heng agree at the marriage, one must give a threat. Xiang Zihui also know that Minister Yu treasured Yu Heng the most so what if he revealed the truth of Yu Heng's frivolous act without marriage? Naturally, her image will be ruined, the Yu Family will also be implicated and even if they ask for the emperor's help, Xiang Zihui still have the upper hand since Emperor Yu favored him more.

"Fei Long." Xiang Zihui called out, he folded the paper in his hands and his shadow guard knelt in front of him. "Give this to Minister Yu in private. Also, tell Jiang Yi Huai to come over here immediately."

Fei Long complied and took the paper, he disappeared within a flash. All is settled, Xiang Zihui is looking forward for the show at Winter Banquet.

Just as he sat there in leisure, he heard a familiar mellow voice from outside. Xiang Zihui frowned, its that humming sound again. He stood up in annoyance and gazed at the open window, a girl in white dress stood amidst the strong wind and falls of snow. Her face cannot be discerned but the bland and sweet smile of her is clear, something that can enchant him.

"Brother Zihui?"

He retracted his gaze from the sight and stared at the door instead. Xiang Zihui opened the door, he stiffened at the girl before him. Zhao Chulian wore a pure white dress, making her look innocent and pretty.

"Ah Lian came to return Brother Zihui's robe." she did her best to smile but the man never took the clothing on her hands. Why wont he take it?

Xiang Zihui froze, that smile made his heart skip a beat. It was the same as the girl outside but it cant be Zhao Chulian right? That girl he saw is taller and have no maidservants around her while Chulian is accompanied by Xiao Hai.

In his deep thoughts, Xiang Zihui have the strong impulse to call a name but he cant remember what it was. Its not Zhao Chulian but something with the surname Feng. He unconsciously reached out his hand and touched Chulian's small delicate face, Xiang Zihui even caressed her lips with his thumb!

Even Yun Ren Xie was stunned, much less Xiao Hai who is standing on the other side! What is this prince doing?! Oh no, no, no, no, no! Xiao Hai! Help me! I can feel his breathing already!

She closed her eyes in fear but why wont she have the courage to push him?!

"Your Highness, I heard you..... asked for... my presense......" Jiang Yi Huai froze on his spot, the same as Xiang Zihui.

He reluctantly let go of Zhao Chulian's face, its a good thing Jiang Yi Huai interrupted them!

"You can go back now." he coughed twice before taking the clothes from Zhao Chulian, the girl immediately scurried off.

"Is Fei Long not here?" Jiang Yi Huai got closer to Xiang Zihui, his gaze settled at the departing slender figure.

"He's after something." Xiang Zihui answered as they went inside.

No wonder Zhao Chulian is here. Jiang Yi Huai thought as he turned serious. "You shouldnt have done that. Is the nirvana pearl's effect just a hoax?"

"Brother Shen Jin, Mother Empress wont lie. Maybe it wasnt taking action yet." he spoke without much concern of the topic, nivana pearl is a fruit from the Immortal Garden that Mother of the West have cultivated. It can make immortals forget about their previous feelings in their last lifetime. But why is he still after her? "Right, I called you here today for some matter. Is the evidence in your hands?"

"Speaking of that. I just love threatening haughty people. Its a good thing you called for me, hah." Jiang Yi Huai smiled, its a rather carefree looking smile but his dark and devious thoughts were contrasting his beauty.

"Your Highness, Minister Yu have arrived." Fei Long announced behind the door.

"Let him in."

Within a minute, a scholar came inside the study room. His face is cold, gaze were glaring at the two men before him. A prince of calm and unreadable thoughts, a divine doctor of carefree yet daring temperament. Minister Yu have known these two were in cahoots!

He remembered the letter that was handed to him, If Minister Yu wants to save Young Miss' reputation, meet this prince.

"Minister Yu, its great to have you here. Jiang Yi Huai, pour him some tea." Xiang Zihui spoke in a calm tone, he is smiling brightly.