Chapter 19

Bria's POV

After recovering from my coughing fit I sent a glare in Ash's direction. "Its true though, there is something different about you." She continued.

"You're delusional" I commented rolling my eyes.

"Am I? Or did Josh finally grow some balls?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Can we not have this conversation right now?" I begged her. Ace hands were holding unto the steering wheel for dear life and she seemed not to notice his agitated state.

"You hungry?" he asked Ash.

"I could eat"

"Good"

"What about you Bree, you hungry?" Ash asked me.

"I could eat" I responded mimicking her.

We pulled up near a small bakery and the three of us got out. The scent of warm pastries greeted my nostrils. We made our way to the counter to place our orders. A short plumped lady greeted us with a warm smile and asked if we needed anything.  I ordered a croissant and oatmeal cookie with orange juice and Ash did the same. Ace ordered a sandwich and some coffee. We still had a bit of time before we started school so we ate at the bakery. It was tense and extremely awkward so I just sat and ate quietly and occasionally checking my phone. If I had to speak I would only speak to Ash. Ace was still tense from earlier and I was not about to poke that furnace.

When Ash excused herself to the bathroom, Ace instantly bombarded me with questions. "What's really going on with you and that Josh kid?"

"Like I told you before, Nothing, he is my best friend."

"Then why is Ashley talking like that?"

"She thinks that we like each other" I told him.

"Well Do you?"

"Well I used to have the biggest crush on him"

"And now?"

"I Dont Ace. You think I would be with you if I did?"

"I Dont know baby, I just Dont want you to hurt me that's all"

"I wont" I told him softly.

"I still Dont like that kid"

"But Josh didn't do anything, I was the one with the silly crush"

"You must be well blind or stupid"

"Excuse me?"

"The guy is nuts for you, you really Dont see that?"

"We would've been more but he didn't want to ruin the friendship so we remained as friends"

"Should I be worried?"

"Ace.."

"Im just kidding" he chuckled. He gripped my hand across the table and pulled toward him who whisper in my ear. "Can I get  kiss before we leave?"

"I Dont know. We'll see." I responded and watched as a scowl graced his face. He is such a kid sometimes. I can't believe I never saw that before. When Ash came back to the table, Ace didn't want to release my hand he made us play thumb wrestling. I was so weak from laughing at his childish behaviour that I lost every match. Ash was glad that we were finally getting along but if she only knew.

Ace dropped us to school and offered to pick us back up. We said good bye and went into the school.

"Bree, I need a favor." Ash began and I was all ears.