Chapter 138: Longing Chulian

Imperial Concubine Zhao have regretted that and Ying Zheng distanced himself to her. After he left to spy on the other state in three weeks, Ying Zheng brought Fang Ye Xue in. She was indeed blinded by jealousy that her control broke and created another mess, at that time, Ying Zheng suppressed her family until it was no longer as noble as it was.

"An accident?" Ying Zheng's voice have a mocking tone, his brow is raised to a questioning look but his gaze settled on Zhao Chulian.

The Imperial Concubine Zhao trembled and quickly excused herself, Yun Ren Xie stared at the disappearing back of her. She had been silent the whole time to watch a drama, an unfolding love story, but she didnt expect it would end shortly.

"Qin'er Shi." Yun Ren Xie muttered at herself, that is China's next emperor after Ying Zheng died and in the history, it was Imperial Concubine Zhao who is Qin'er Shi's mother. However, he seemed incompetent and the unified China Ying Zheng ruled for eleven years.... Were destroyed only a year of Qin'er Shi's reign.

"Qin'er Shi? What are you thinking?" Ying Zheng asked in confusion. Hearing his son's name having a different surname is strange.

"May I ask?" she turned and faced Ying Zheng, Yun Ren Xie walked closer to him. "Are... Are you going to unify the Seven Warring States?"

He is surprised for a moment but regained his calm posture. Ying Zheng doesnt know where she got that information. "Who told you?"

"I..... A eunuch told me." she lied straight, her worry grew in her heart.

"Zhen trust you, and Zhen does have a plan to control the six states." Ying Zheng answered while reaching his hand out to cup her lowered face. He caught a glimpse of her scared eyes, she blinked many times as if unable to believe him. "Is there something wrong?"

Yun Ren Xie closed her eyes in frustration. "Wuming, please let me go."

The words that escaped her lips startled him, it was like the future he can foresee started to crumble down with the dust. "No."

"I need to return-"

"If I said no, then no! Your not allowed to return to anyone, whether it was your family or the man you mentioned!" his voice went cold, not as gentle as it used to. Even Ying Zheng's gaze is sharp while his hold on her neck tightened.

Yun Ren Xie stared at him with wide eyes, she really wanted to leave this place and find Xiang Zihui but this man is still unwilling. She doesnt want to add salt to the fresh wound and spoke in a gentle way yet he wont care.

"Im not Fang Ye Xue! I, Zhao Chulian, am destined for someone else. Let go already, alright?" she softly spoke, her small hands held Ying Zheng's face. "Please. Im pleading you to let-"

But before she can finish her sentence, Ying Zheng gave her a fervent kiss. He held her waist and pulled her close to him as his other hand is pinching her chin. Yun Ren Xie is shocked at his actions, she tried pushing him but it was useless. With no choice left, Yun Ren Xie bit his lower lip with force, the taste of blood lingered in their mouth.

He broke the kiss and held her closer, Ying Zheng's head is buried on her neck and his hold around her tightened, unwilling to let go. She had no strength left to argue so Yun Ren Xie silently stood there without reciprocating his embrace, her eyes were empty like before.

In their long silence, she suddenly heard a sob. Warm tears fell on her shoulder and Ying Zheng's body trembled. Guilt swarmed her whole thought, if she hadnt seduced Ying Zheng and made him love Fang Ye Xue for a lifetime, will it result to this painful ending? Will he surround himself with illusions? Will he alienate himself with his subject just to revive the dead? Will everything be like this messy?

"Zhao Chulian, why are you as heartless as her?" he asked with a hoarse voice.

Yun Ren Xie didnt answer but she gazed at the sky ahead where snow are again starting to fall. She really had been heartless, to make a man love and yearn for a woman who is already gone, that is a great torture and even Yun Ren Xie had felt the same experience. She doesnt know why but it was like there was a man who once loved her the way she loved him too but he had disappeared for an unknown reason, spending seven years as a lonely unmarried lady. Yun Ren Xie have forgotten his name, her memory is deteriorating each passing day.

"Im sorry." she finally said but restrained her urge to hold him. Yun Ren Xie placed both her hands on top of his arms and removing them, she had her goodbye before returning to Snow Lotus Palace. In the middle of the desolate white yard, there stood a man staring at the bleak silhouette of the girl between each falling snow. His heart felt empty like the garden, the pain have withered his love in the colden days.

It should have been a perfect home for Fang Ye Xue, simple and not too much flaunting however, Yun Ren Xie knew it was a cage Ying Zheng selected for her to stay in. Now that Fang Ye Xue is gone, he still wont let go and renovated the palace to be built in gold with numerous jewel inlays as a compensation for the great loss. Snow Lotus Palace is not a home for Yun Ren Xie, it was rather a cage.

Ying Zheng didnt follow her and added more hidden guards, at night, he assigned more imperial guards to patrol around. Inside his study, Ying Zheng is burying himself with loads of work in order to forget the pain.

The door suddenly opened, Ying Zheng lifted his gaze to throw an inquisitive look on the new arrival.

"Ben wang is leaving this week. Nian Feng will help you discuss the plan later on." Xiang Zihui calmly spoke while staring at the empty wooden box, he remember that is where the plum blossom hairpin settled.

"Something urgent?" he asked and followed the confused gaze of Xiang Zihui. Ying Zheng immediately understood the question in his friend's thought, he wanted to give the plum blossom hairpin to Zhao Chulian this morning but he had no chance to mention it.

"Yu Heng and I are about to get married the next week. Afterwards, the new year will arrive and Im sure barbarians are going to bother us again." Xiang Zihui pinched his nose in frustration. Besides this two problems, there is one more that weighed him down. The blood he have seen that day of assassination, how he hoped its not from Zhao Chulian but she disappeared suddenly without a trace. He have been hearing rumours of Ying Zheng taking a new concubine but the source is unknown. Xiang Zihui wanted to know if its true and dispatched his hidden guards to have a check but there are no new concubine's in the harem.

What Xiang Zihui doesnt know, Snow Lotus Palace have an owner recently. It was far from the Empress and concubine's residence but quite close to the Emperor's palace.