Chapter 7 - The Garden

~The Garden~

Spinel looks around and begins to walk down the temple stairs with a smile. 

Y/N: Spinel what is this place? *he begins to follow behind her*

Spinel: *looks around with a smile* This is our garden. A special world built just for Pink and I.

Y/N: Pink?? *looks around at all the dead plant life surrounding them* It's so... cold.

Spinel has a flashback to a happier time. The garden was bright with color and full of line. Spinel was playing hide-and-seek with Pink Diamond, as she surprised her with funny faces, making Pink laugh.

Spinel: On HomeWorld, Pink was so lonely and sad, but not here! Here, we would play for hours. Every day was so much fun.

The flashback continues. Spinel is seen juggled some bubbles, making Pink Diamond laugh and clap, but she then sighs a bit.

Spinel: At least... That's what I thought.

Y/N: What happened?

Spinel: Pink wanted a colony, more than anything.

Another flashback begins to plays, with Pink standing by the Diamond communicator, talking to Yellow and Blue Diamond, while Spinel listened nearby. 

Spinel: One day, her wish came true! Blue and Yellow gave Pink her very own planet - Earth! I was so excited! A brand new place to play!

Spinel happily bounced around an excited Pink Diamond, who is becoming more annoyed by Spinel's antics. 

Y/N: *looks at her realizing what happened* Why didn't you go with her?

As Spinel tried to follow Pink Diamond to the warp pad, Pink halted her to stay back, but she continued following her. Spinel then stopped Pink by holding onto her hand. Pink sighed.

Spinel: *Pink Diamond kneels down to Spinel, booping her nose* Here in the Garden, let's play a game. I'll show you how it's done. Here in the Garden, stand very still. *Spinel looks up at her with a happy face and spoke* This'll be so much fun!

And then she smiled, that's what I'm after, a smile in her eyes, the sound of her laughter.

Happy to listen,

Happy to play,

Happily watching her dr-i-ft away.

*Pink walks to the warp pad and leaves.*

Happily waiting, all on my own, under the endless sky. Counting the seconds, standing alone, as thousands of years go by.

*Several years went by, Spinel continued to stand still. The surrounding plant life began to grow wildly around her feet. A butterfly lands on her head and then flies away*

Happily wondering, night after night, is this how it works? Am I doing it right?

Happy to listen,

Happy to stay,

Happily watching her dr-i-ft away.

*As Spinel sings, she slowly recalls her painful memories, and her expression slowly becomes more sour*

Spinel: You keep on turning pages for people who don't care, people who don't care about you.
And still, it takes you ages to see that no one's there, see that no one's there, see that no one's there, everyone's gone on without you. *Spinel leads Y/N through the deserted garden, showing him the dead vegetation around as she sings about what happened to her*