CH.59 Crown

Chapter 59

"What do you want, Heyder?" The woman, Sofia, asked as her cat eyes lingered on the man's handsome face.

"Sofia?" Mavi looked at Heyder. "I thought you said she was dead."

Sofia threw her head back and laughed.

"I said her name was Sofia," Heyder turned to the princess. "That doesn't imply she was dead. She simply just changed her name."

"Yes," Sofia dabbed the tears at the corner of her eyes with a napkin as she tried to contain her laughter. "I go by Madam Ophelia now.....but you can still call me Sofia." 

"Words have magic, princess," Heyder's eyes danced over Mavi's eyes before Owen took her hand and pulled her back. Mavi snapped out of her daze and looked at the woman laughing.

"I need your help," Heyder said, turning to look at Sofia.

"You're the last thing on this earth I want to help."

"I brought the lucan queen."

"The lycan princess." Sofia corrected him.

"Please," Mavi spoke up. "I really need your help.....I need some elf blood."

Sofia pursed her lips and tapped her long nail against her arm, "How will you pay?"

"How much do you want?" Mavi asked. "Money is not an option."

"I don't want money," Sofia laughed again.

"What do you want then?"

Mavi watched Sofia as the woman's blue eyes landed on Owen.

"Well, hello," Sofia purred.

"Hello." Owen said simply.

"Why don't you have a drink?" Sofia looked offended. She snapped her finger and one of the waiters came rushing up to her. "They are my guests, why are they empty handed?"

"I don't drink," Owen kept his cool composure as Sofia battled her lashes at him.

"We were discussing payment," Mavi said, irritation flickering in her voice.

Sofia tore her gaze away from Owen and looked at the princess with a sigh. "Elf blood isn't a jar of milk....it's very rare and expensive."

"Yes, we are aware." Mavi fought the urge to roll her eyes.

"I have just one vial left."

"How much do you want for it?"

Sofia's lips twitched as she thought about what she should ask for. Heyder took a seat at one of the bar stools and handed Adam his drink.

"There's not enough olives in this," Adam said under his breath as everyone around him stared at Sofia waiting for her to name her price.

"I heard the queen of the witches is your sister in law," Sofia said after a while.

"Yes," Mavi held her breath in anticipation.

"I would like her to perform a spell for me,"

"Oh here we go again," Heyder rolled his eyes.

Mavi looked from the woman to the jinn, not understanding what was going on.

"What kind of spell?" Owen asked.

"I need her to remove a claim," Sofia said.

"A claim?" Mavi looked to Adam who was just as confused.