Chapter 16

Haley

"Where's Mrs.Nolan?" I asked. She had to do groceries today in the evening and I asked if I can come with her, so I know where to go when I have to..

"She should be somewhere here." He said and I was relieved she didn't left me to do her chores. She did mention to go around six in the evening. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was four-thirty five. "You needed something?"

"No. She said she was going grocery shopping today." I said smiling. "I asked to tag along."

"Oh." He said a little taken aback. He blinked his eyes a couple of times and pursed his lip. "I can take you." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Go, get ready. We will go for grocery shopping." He said. "I will let Mrs.Nolan know about the change in plan."

"Why is the change in plan?" I asked tilting one side of head to look quizzically at him.

"Because I can." He reminded. "Now go." He shooed me away and I rolled my eyes playfully at him before turning to walk to my room.

When I stepped out, Mrs.Nolan handed Archer the lists of things that she needed and she seemed hesitant.

"Are you sure, Mr.Rivera? I can go right now to get the groceries." Mrs.Nolan said.

"Ms.Lynne will help me." He said and give me a grinned.

Seeing how unsure Mrs.Nolan is about him going for groceries I opened my mouth, I can't do the whole don't interrupt me in front of my staff BS.

"I'm sure you must be busy." I said to Archer and he raised one of his eyebrow. "Mrs Nolan and I can go and pick it up."

He give me a ghost of a smile and looked at Mrs.Nolan. "We should be fine. Let's go, Ms.Lynne." He said walking towards the elevator and I had to run to catch up with him.

"Are you mad at me?" I looked at him.

"For what?" He asked.

"I went against you in front of your staffs."

"No." He said. "I must have been an a*s that time for saying that. You have your own way of thinking and I shouldn't stop you from saying what you think."

I agreed with him.

"You can speak freely to me." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"But if it have to do with something with your safety, I wouldn't appreciate to argue about that matter." He pointed out.

"I will be fine." I said brushing the topic about. What safety concern is he talking about?

He give me a look that I couldn't point out, there was a ping before the elevator opened and we stepped out.

"All clear, Mr.Rivera." Grant shows up out of nowhere with a car key.

"Good." He said. "Let's go, Ms.Lynne." He give me a grinned.

He have a beautiful Mercedes Convertible car. The roof was closed.The car smelled of mint and citrus at the same time.

"Stephen and Grant will be following us in another car." He announces.

He drove to a grocery store that was hardly five minutes away from the apartment. I think it may take ten to fifteen minutes if you walk. He parked the car in the parking space and we got out.

"Will they follow us?"I asked.

"No." He said.

"Is that a good idea?" I asked.

"It should be fine." He looked at the dark blue sedan that Grant and Stephen was in.

"When was the last time you went for grocery shopping?"

"Maybe when I was twenty one or two?" He put his hand on his chin in a thoughtful way. "I don't really remember."

"That's been so long."

"When I was still in college. I studied at London at that time.."he smiled, most likely remembering his days at school.

"Well, you are back here again." I said. "That must be a good start."

"Maybe?" He said. "What would you like to buy?"

"Didn't Mrs.Nolan gave you the list?"

He showed me the paper and I scanned through the large lists. I think it will take a while. It seemed like a week or two's groceries.

He dropped snacks after snacks in the cart and I frowned, by the time we get everything in the list; we might be having two carts.

"Which flavour chips do you like?" He was holding onto the Doritos bags and I looked at the cart. There's already Lay's and Pringle's in there which I had to pick.

"Archer." I started.

"Maybe we can get all?" He looked at me with excitement.

"Archer." I said. "I think there's way too many snacks in the cart." I pointed to the chips, cookies and chocolates.

"You might be hungry and you can take it to work for snacks."

"I really appreciate your thoughts and concern about me being hungry. I think we purchased way too many snacks."

"You think?" He questioned.

"Yes." I said. "But you can go ahead and buy for yourself."

"I prefer sandwiches and croissant for my snacks. I hardly eat any of those." He tells me.

"Then lets pause on those snacks and focus on the tasks. Mrs.Nolan might be upset if we miss any thing from her groceries."

"We can always come back." He pointed out.

"I think she would rather do it herself than to tell us to come back."

"That's what she might do.." he said.

"Let's focus, okay?" I looked at him and he nodded his head.

While I was picking up fruits that was on the lists. Archer walked away, somewhere.

"Which one do you use?" He asked and I looked up to see him with one hand handing pads and the other with tampons and my cheek burned red in embarrassment. He was not teasing me-his face was genuinely confused and waited patiently for me to answer.

"Archer." I whispered. "I will manage this on my own."

"We can purchase now since we are here."

That's true, but I rather not do it today.

"I know we can." I said talking to him like he was a child. "But I will get it later. I just had my period a week ago." I whispered.

"Oh." He blinked. "But you will need it later?"

"I will take it." I said taking the pads and tampons from him and walking back to the aisles to put it back.

"You really don't have to be embarrassed about anything like this." He said.

"I know." I said.

"Are you sure you don't want any?" He asked, again.