The Big Day

Hey everyone! Hope you guys are doing well! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you all enjoy this!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya ran her hands down the side of the dress, smoothing it out as her fingers shook with nerves. She stared at her reflection in the mirror, she could hardly recognize herself.

Long white dress, makeup done to perfection, her hair in tight curls that shaped her face perfectly. It was like a dream, a dream that she expected to wake up from at any moment. She could hardly believe that this day had come.

"You look beautiful, baby girl." Katy had tears in her eyes as she stared at her daughter. This was everything that she had ever wanted for Maya, nobody was happier than her. Not even Riley, who had not left Maya's side in the last twenty-four hours.

"I cant believe this is actually happening." Riley stated, her smile wide. "See, Maya? Was it so hard to have hope?" She asked her teasingly. Topanga put an arm around her daughter and smiled at what she thought of as her other child. Happy for Maya.

The door banged open causing them all to jump with a start. A wide-eyed, stressed looking, messy hair-Shawn opened the door, shaking his head.

"I cant believe it. I never thought anyone could be worse that Cory when he was getting married. The kid is stressing everyone out." Shawn stated. "I am so glad that I'm not the best man. Finally Cory is getting a taste of what he put me through." Words died on his lips as he looked up to see his step-daughter.

Shawn stepped back as he looked at her, really looked at her. If only someone had a camera, the look on Shawn's face had meant everything to Maya. A true Father expression.

"Maya-" Shawn was at a loss for words. He didnt know what to say, his step-daughter-no. His daughter was standing before him, about to be married to the love of her life. And she had never looked more radiant. "You look amazing." He choked on his words.

Maya smiled as she walked forward to grab Shawn's hand, everyone in the room knew how much this moment meant to both Shawn and Maya.

"Thanks, dad." There was a moment where they both just stood there staring at each other not saying anything before Shawn had broke the moment.

"Um, Josh wanted me to give you this." Shawn stated as he reached into his tux pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Maya smiled.

"Thanks." She said as she took it from Shawn. Suddenly her smile dropped. "Wait, he's not leaving. Is he?" She asked panicked. Shawn shook his head.

"No." He chuckled. "Trust me, he's more that ready to walk down that isle." Maya smiled.

"In that case," She reached over at a small table that was in her room and grabbed another folded piece of paper and handed it to Shawn. "I kind of did the same thing." She laughed. Shawn nodded.

"Well, I'll be right back then." He told her, not wanting to miss the moment to be able to walk her down the isle. Shawn walked out of the room as Maya unfolded the paper and began to read.

Dear Maya,
This is it! I cant believe were actually getting married!
I have dreamed about this day for three years now.
Ironic, huh?
I cant wait to see you out there, I have no doubt that
you will take my breath away like you have continued
to do for almost five years now. I wanted you to know
that everything we have done, everything that has taken
us to get to this point is because of you. You were the one
that never gave up on us, you were the one that held on
to faith even when I was ready to let go. You stuck to
the long-game. And because of that I'm about to marry
the most gorgeous woman in the world.
I used to be terrified that I would never find my Topanga.
That I would fail at living up to the expectations that my
parents had, or that I thought they had because of Cory.
I wanted so bad to please him over everyone else. I set
out to find 'my Topanga'. But instead I found my Maya:
The most loving, compassionate, gorgeous, down to earth
woman that any man would be lucky to have. And I would
take one of you, over a million Topanga's any day.
Just dont tell her that.
So, here's to someday. See ya out there, I love you.

Maya laughed at the last part of the letter, and felt tears well up in her eyes as she continued to read.

"I love you, too." She whispered.

Thank you Riley for suggesting that we use the waterproof makeup. Maya was sure that she was not finished crying yet.

"It's time." Katy smiled at Maya. Maya folded the letter back up and handed it to Riley for safekeeping. Maya took a deep breath before she headed out the door and down the hall to the main doors.
~

"Stop it." Andrew said as he watched his best friend jiggle his leg up and down. "Seriously, dude. Calm down."

"I cant." Mumbled Josh as he got up from his seat and started walking around. "What time is it?" He asked looking down at his watch.

"About five minutes until we need to be out there." Cory said with a smile on his face.

"Josh, there really isn't anything for you to be nervous about." Andrew told him. Josh rolled his eyes as he looked in the mirror and started fumbling with his tie.

"Easy for you to say. You've never been married before." Josh snapped. "Where is Shawn?" Josh asked turning to Cory. Cory shook his head with an amused expression on his face as he stood up and came to help Josh with his tie.

"I'm sure he's on his way back from giving Maya your letter." Cory told him as he straightened up his tie for him.

"I'm a mess, Cor. What if she realizes she doesnt want me?" Josh asked him. Cory looked into his eyes.

"Josh. There is no way that Maya could ever think anything like that. She loves you. The both of you have been waiting for this day for a while now, dont psych yourself out." Cory winked at him. Josh took a deep breath as he calmed down a little. "Besides, you couldn't have picked a better woman to spend the rest of your life with." Josh smiled. The door opened and Shawn came in.

"How's Maya?" Josh asked immediately. Shawn smiled as he walked up to him.

"She's fine, Josh. She looks amazing." Shawn told him. He handed Josh the folded piece of paper. "She wanted me to give you this." Josh looked crestfallen.

"I knew it." He whispered. "She left." He said. Shawn shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Honestly, you two deserve each other." He mumbled before walking out of the room to head back to Maya so he could walk her down the isle. Josh opened the letter and started reading.

Dear Josh,
I cant believe that this day has finally come.
I feel like I'm going to wake up any minute
and find out it has all been a dream. I've
been dreaming about this for a while.
I want to let you on a little secret before
we meet up. I never thought about getting
married until I met you. Seriously, marriage
for me was something that I had pushed away
and closed out of my mind forever. I was
convinced that I was nowhere good enough
to get married to anyone. So I told myself
that I would never let it happen, I would
never let myself get treated the way my
mom and I were. But then I met you, and all
that changed. Suddenly I was dreaming of
dressing in white, walking down the isle,
and every time I dreamed it, you would
always be the one waiting for me. I know
I've had a lot of issues in my past concerning
my father and struggling with abandonment
issues. But you gave me hope, you made me
realize that I could be loved. You made me
feel worthy to let someone in and love me
for who I was. I can not wait to start our life
together. I have never been more excited for
anything in my life.

Josh folded the paper back up, a newfound confidence swelled up in his chest as he repeated the words over and over in his head. Maya was his. He was hers. And there wasn't anything or anyone that could tear them apart anymore.

"Josh, you ready?" Cory asked as he put a hand on his shoulder. Josh nodded his head as he stuck the folded paper in his pocket. He smiled at his younger brother.

"I am now." He told him. And he was. He was ready to get married, but he was ready to get married to Maya. And there wasn't a single doubt left in his mind as he walked down the isle and took his place beside the preacher.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!