Caregiver | Part 8

"Get the hell out of my room!"

He bawled while avoiding the eye contact. You were completely dumbstruck with terror by the loud roar of his voice. It didn't took you that long to walk your way out since the door was now wide opened for you to escape. You were about to apologise to him the moment you stepped out of his room, but didn't got the chance when he slammed the door shut.

"Taehyung I'm sorry I didn't... mean to..." you just couldn't finished your sentence because of the guilt you began to feel. He gave you his green light only for to do your job and you had just violated his permission. You also began to fear the possibility of getting fired anytime soon. You refrained yourself from knocking his door because you still remember how much he disliked it.

"Taehyung, please..."

You called his name in despair, begging for his forgiveness. He didn't responded to your pleads as the only response he gave was a whole silent treatment. Tears began rolling down your cheeks which then turned into a sobbing.

As you wiped the tears off of your face, you saw a hand with a tissue hovered next to you. You looked up to your right, and it was Jungkook. You almost forgot that he was there the whole time and you also have no idea how long he had been standing there. But for sure you felt a slight embarrassment for the ugly sobs.

You didn't have any choice but to accept it anyway. "Thank you." You thanked him and wiped your tears with the tissue he handed to you. You crumpled up the tissue in your palm, only left with dry sniffing.

You were stunned when he suddenly took you by the hand and then drawing you to the patio. He gestured you to sit down on the same chair the day when you and Taehyung simply introduced to each other. He took another chair at the corner and sat down while facing you. You just don't know how to react, because of the fact that you almost mistook him as a bad guy. You barely even knew him yet he already treated you like how gentlemen were.

"I'm not going to say anything until you calm down." He said. His voice sounded very much soothing compared to Taehyung's normal tone. You took a deep breath and slowly exhale. Whatever happened just now was still lingering in your mind, but at least you're now emotionally calm.

"I'm okay now." You assured him. And there's that lovely smile again. "Sorry for the... um, everything you heard just now." You apologised.

He shook his head. "Don't bother. I totally understand." He said, still with a smile. "Taehyung is actually a nice guy. It's just that, ever since the accident his whole life went total upside down." He replied, and you can hear the sadness in his voice.

You wanted to ask, but you knew it would crossed the line to know more about Taehyung's personal life. But as a person who were filled with curiosity, you decided to go for it.

"May I know how did it happened? The accident." You boldly asked. Luckily he was kind enough to tell you the whole story, and it's a sign of his trust on you as well.

"That one night, when he was on his way to pick up his girlfriend..." he paused. Ah~ so that's really is his significant other, you thought as you recalled back the last picture you saw earlier. "...he was halfway there to reach the other side of the road when he got hit by a speeding car. He was badly injured, but luckily he was still conscious so I had to rush him to the hospital because although he was still conscious, he lost so much blood. He was fighting for his life. Glad that I was there when it happened. If it's not for me, he wouldn't be here by now."

You listened to every detail he said like a word vomit. He paused for a while to gather his thoughts. You knew there's more to the story, so you just sat there quietly and not uttering any words.

"It's really sad to know he has few bone fractures where he literally can't even do any normal things now." He sighed. "But he's alive, and that's what matters the most." His head was bowed the entire storytelling, sometimes looking at you with his contemplative eyes.

"Did you know who's responsible for it?" You asked when he took his silence long enough. His face went from melancholy to a terrifying expression of anger. He seemingly so into his own thoughts as if he knew who the culprit was and it infuriated him.

"No. But I will make sure whoever did this will be spending the rest of his lifespan in jail." He vowed in fully determination. You totally agreed with him when you nodded. Irresponsible culprit will get what he deserves.

The situation was too tense to carry on with the conversation, so you started off with new topic. "I saw a picture of you and Taehyung just now. It reminds me of my bestfriend." You said while feeling contented. Jungkook's face lighten up with a smile as if he forgot how incensed he was just now.

"Really? How do I look in that picture compares to now?" He asked, eyebrow raised with such cheeky face. You laughed amusingly to his silliness. "No different. But if you still want me to dig in to my honest opinion, I would say..." you paused, surveying his face and comparing the differences between two pictures of photograph's and the current real life's. "...the haircut...?"

He chuckled. "Yeah of course. That picture was taken two years ago. Of course the hair was the one to be constantly changing. But for the face? The ageing process is quite slow, so yeah I understand that you can't see any difference."

He laughed out loud seeing the cringe face you made upon hearing his lowkey self-praise. "I like your confidence but when I replayed whatever you said just now in my head again, suddenly I feel like leaving." You said sarcastically. He didn't took your word by heart because he was just messing with you. He also didn't care if you actually mean it or not.

"Well I'm flattered." He replied with the same sense of sarcasm. You couldn't hold your laughter anymore. You two were having a good time teasing and made fun of each other, slowly starting a good friendship. It's actually been a while since you experienced such close friendship because the last one you ever had was with your late sister-in-law. After your late sister-in-law was gone, you completely shut yourself off. You refused to let people in due to insecurities and trust issues, but it all began to change when you met Jungkook.

"Tell me more about yourself, Ms Lee." He asked as he passed the new topic on you. "Okay, Mr...?"

"Jeon."

"Mr Jeon." You repeated with a sneer. "You already know me by the name Lee Suyin, but please just call me Suyin. No honorifics. Unless we have different background status then we can consider to 'Ms' here and 'Ms' there." You scoffed at the honorific addressing he uttered and he just chortled at your soft insult. "There's nothing interesting to know about me. I came from a poor family and I don't have a diploma to find a better job. I accepted this caregiving job because it provides enough money to support my family."

You let out a subtle smile at the end of your words. He was being quiet during your self introduction, face didn't show any reaction. He just sat there and looked right into your eyes. "So, that's me. Like I said, there's nothing interesting to be awed about." You intentionally raised your voice just to cut the string of his fixated gaze on you.

"Nah... I'm pretty sure there's more of you that remain unknown to people." He replied. If other people said something like this to you, you would feel very uncomfortable to your displease. But when he said it. you just smiled at him sheepishly and didn't mind if he's going to ask more about yourself. Seems like you began to feel so much comfortable with him.

As much as you wanted to tell him more about yourself, the inner thoughts of yours refused to do so. That's when you came up with one personal question, which was about Taehyung.

"Hey, mind if I ask, who was Taehyung's girlfriend? Is she the one that I saw in the picture? That one picture of her and Taehyung together." You asked, putting the shame aside for the personal life invasion. On the side note, you wanted to know how that he was able to save Taehyung on the same day he got into that hit-and-run accident.

He seemed like he was hesitated to answer that question. But seeing how curious you are, it's too late for him to change the topic.

"It's my sister."