You've got to be fucking kidding

Chapter thirty-six: You've got to be fucking kidding (Madison's POV)

"Mads, I'm trying here, okay? I'm trying to make it up to you for what happened in Miami. But don't blame me for what Julia did!" he reasoned. He was right in his place but I was right in mine too. Clearly, she was more than a fling in New York, he never told me about her. 

"You lied to me, you told me you didn't see anyone when you were in New York," I rolled my eyes. 

"I didn't! We didn't date!" He defended himself. 

"Right, right, you two just casually hooked up," I shrugged. 

"Madison, you have every right to feel hurt and act out, but you're crossing a line here, okay?" he towered over me. The doorbell rang and we both ignored it, continuing our argument. 

"I'm crossing a line? Jacob, you lied to me about meeting someone in New York, you didn't say the words back to me, in fact, you made it pretty clear you didn't feel the same way at all. I've had one of the worst days possible, okay? Why don't you just let me be?!" I snapped. 

"Don't take out your anger from the day out on me! I didn't know she was coming here, I didn't know Julia told her that I lived here with you now, I didn't even know she was still hung up on me because we never did anything. She had a stupid little crush on me, Madison!" he explained. 

"You are going back to New York, so why are we fighting when we already know what's going to happen?" I sighed in defeat. I'm too exhausted for this and the constant ringing of the doorbell was pushing me over the edge. 

"I'm not fucking going back to New York! I don't know where she got that, but I am not leaving. Do you hear me?!" he yelled. 

"Shut up!" we yelled in sync while turning to glare at the door. I went to answer it with a huff and saw Brooke. 

"Hey," she smiled at Jacob. She had a suitcase with her. "Julia said I'm supposed to be staying here so... Where am I crashing?" she chuckled. 

You've got to be fucking kidding me. 

"Oh, no. Brooke, you're not staying here," Jacob shook his head. "You're not staying here, we're not hanging out anywhere, we're not going to the movies or getting ice cream, we're not happening. I don't like you. I'm sorry. And you know that nothing happened between us New York. I'm not coming back there. Thank you, goodbye," he slammed the door in her face. "Happy?" he asked me blatantly. 

"Very," I smiled sarcastically before going up to my room. I headed straight for a shower. I need to catch a breath. 

As I felt the water droplets running along my skin, I started crying. Crying in the shower is the heaviest kind of cry. That's when you're going through some shit. I calmed down and wrapped a towel around myself, walking out to get the clothes that I didn't bother bringing inside with me. 

I opened the door and of course, Jacob was right there. "What now? You aren't done arguing with me? You wanna argue more? Go ahead, be my guest because I-" he cut me off when he grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me, backing me up against the towel. I was trying really hard to not kiss him back but I gave in when his arms went around my waist and he bit my bottom lip. 

I pulled away pretty quickly and pushed him off. "What are you doing?" I asked in confusion. He didn't respond. He didn't say anything at all, just stood there staring at me. 

I wanted to kiss him so badly, but this isn't good for anyone. 

"Come here," he nodded.