Ch35 - No Alcohol For Him....Or Not?

Hello again! How are you doing? Well enjoy!
*****************************
Hawk's Inn

"Well, cheers for you two!"

"Cheers."

"Well, cheers?"

Two girls and one boy were having a celebration at one table in the corner of the tavern. While the older girl had alcohol in her glass, the other two had fruit juice in their glasses as they simply did not want to consume alcohol.

"To think you two would break the record of the fastest to reach Rank C, I still have a hard time believing it you know?"

Sarah spoke with a loose smile unlike her usual professional one as she drank her drinks until only half was left. She was feeling a bit free after having some time off from her work.

While Sylvie was a bit surprised at her sudden change of attitude, Hiiragi only felt like it was normal for her to act like that. He knew that acting professionally would obviously take too much energy and sometimes people might want to let loose to release the tension.

Hiiragi drank his fruit juice with a little happiness as his plan had proceeded better than he thought. At least, he had enough reason to be known by some people.

"You know, actually I don't know you guys too well and likewise for you. I wonder why do you accept my participation in your celebration, though I know that I was the one who suggested it."

Sarah asked. She was curious of why they would accept her and not suspect one bit of her since she suddenly just jumped into their circle.

"My intuition told me you're not a bad person. I trust my intuition."

Hiiragi answered like it was nothing to be strange of. What he said was simply true, his intuition had helped him along the way in his life. Although he always acted according to his calculation and deduction, his intuition always aid him in many situations.

"Well, for me it's always better to celebrate with more people. It make things merrier."

If Hiiragi's answer was intuition, then Sylvie's would be emotions. Sylvie just thought that it would be more enjoyable with more people joined them especially Sarah who always treats them professionally even though they looked like someone who was too young for dangerous things.

Sarah could only smile wryly hearing their answers.

"You know, you should be suspicious of people who got close to you so suddenly. Not everyone is as kind as me, you know? They would try to take advantage of you."

She gave them an advice out of the blue. She was a bit worries about them who still did not experience what she had been through.

Hiiragi who heard her words replied back with an ironic tone.

"Not everyone is as kind as you....that could also be turned into 'not everyone is as evil as you thought' , you know?"

That struck Sarah quite a bit. She was surprised by Hiiragi's wordplay.

Not everyone is as kind as you, but not everyone is as evil as you thought...good saying, Hiiragi.

Sarah thought of Hiiragi's word. She chuckled bitterly at his words.

"Well, you could say that. Not everyone would be as bad as I thought. You're the perfect example for that."

"Me?"

Sarah pointed to Hiiragi as she spoke. On her face was one of mischievousness.

"When I first saw you, I felt like you are someone who could kill without caring for anything when something hurt you or something you loved. But, surprisingly you didn't even fight back when the other adventurer picked a fight with you."