t w e n t y - n i n e

Natalie intently watched out the window to the prison as they got closer, internally praying that nothing had happened to her family whilst the rest of them were gone at Woodbury.

Once they had got the car back on the road again, Natalie began to wonder just how much of this mission to get Glenn and Maggie back was a success.

Yes, they had gotten back their primary objective but they lost Daryl and Oscar in the process. Not to mention they had probably made a new fiend. And then came Natalie's personal problem.

Chris.

She despised him, it wasn't made explicit what exactly he had done to Maggie but she had a pretty good idea and it made her sick to her stomach.

She despised him, she wouldn't hesitate next time to kill him.

Seeing Carl and Isabel out by the gate getting ready to open them made her give out a sigh of relief.

Jumping out of the car and running towards her eldest daughter and pulling her into a hug, "Oh thank god you're okay!" Natalie said smiling.

"You're hurt," Isabel said as her smile morphed into concern. She pointed to the side of her head that had blood leaking from the hit she took from Chris.

"It's alright," Natalie smiled through the pain, "I'm a strong woman, I can handle it," she breathed out a laugh as she raised her arm to flex her muscles. "Emmy? She alright?"

"Yeah," Carl said pulling away from Rick, "she's in the cell block with Herschel."

Natalie pulled away from Isabel and pulled Carl into a hug, "you good, Sheriff? You kept everything in order whilst we were gone?" Natalie smirked to him.

"You bet," Carl smiled back she stood up straight and flicked his hat up, "I'm happy we're all back togethe-"

"Where's Daryl?"Carol said noticing he wasn't amongst the group.

Natalie and rick shared a look, "It's all right. He's alive." Natalie comforted walking over to her touching her arm.

"We ran into his brother. They went off." Rick said sadly.

"He left? Daryl left? He's gone?" Carol said with betrayal in her eyes and her bottom lip trembling. "Is he coming back?"

Rick pulled her into a hug as Natalie put her arms around Carl and Isabel. She started to lead them back into the Cell Block.

"And Oscar?" Carl looked up to Rick.

He shook his head, "No."

They walked back to the cellblock in silence and the occasional sniff from Carol was heard. As they approached the reunion happening outside the building Beth came running over and pulled Natalie into a hug. Then quickly moved onto Rick, who seemed slightly shocked by the whole action.

Natalie saw Emmy and she too ran to pull her into a hug, "what happened," Emilia asked looking at the blood.

She felt the stares from Maggie and Rick, they were interested in what she would do about Chris, would she tell her daughters, they wondered.