《42》

NAIRA'S POV

I was on my way home. It has been only ten minutes since I left them and I miss them already. I dunno how am I gonna live without them. Within these few days, I've got so much attached to them that I cannot live without them. I leaned back on my seat and looked outside the window. A lone tear fell down my eye.

Suddenly, the car stopped.

"What happened?", I asked the driver.

"Lemme check mam", he said and got out of the car. He opened the bonnet of the car and started checking the problem.

I sighed and leaned back, closing my eyes. Just then someone knocked on the window. I opened my eyes and looked at the window.

"Siya", I said surprised.

------------------------

KARTIK'S POV

I was sitting in my study. I tried to concentrate on my work but I couldn't stop thinking about Naira. I should have confessed my feelings...but did she feel the same about me? I didn't want to make things complicated.

"Dad", Aatish knocked on the door.

"Yes Aatish", I replied taking off my reading glasses.

"Siya's not opening the door. She's not answering anything also", Aatish said panicking.

"What?!", I replied shocked.

I stood up from my chair and rushed upstairs towards Siya's room. Everyone was gathered there knocking on the door.

"Siya", I knocked on the door.

"Siya baby please open the door", I pleaded her still knocking.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?", I asked her panicking.

"Siya!!", I shouted but she wouldn't open the door. My worst nightmares started flashing in my mind.

I can't lose her....again!!

"Everybody move back", I said and they moved back. I took a few steps back and kicked the door open. We all walked in but Siya was no where. My panic level increased.

"Siya", I searched in the washroom but she wasn't there also.

"Dad....see here!", Aatish called me. I turned towards him. He was holding a rope. It was tied to the handle of the closet.

"Shit!", I murmured and looked at the open window. I looked down the window to look at the other end of the rope.

"Dad....her skates are also missing", Sahil said. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"She escaped", I came to a conclusion and looked at everyone.

------------------------------

NAIRA'S POV

"Siya", I said surprised looking at the window. I opened the door and came out of the car. I stood in front of her. She was wearing a helmet and skates.

She was following me...

"What are you doing here?", I asked confused.

She kept staring at me.

"Does your father know? He must be worried sick!", I panicked.

"I won't let that happen again", she said staring at me.

"Happen what?", I asked confused.

"First my mom left dad....then Nidhi cheated on him and now you're leaving him. I'm not gonna let that happen to him. Again", she said seriously, her eyes shining with tears.