IV

"Jesus, slow down," I hear Brenna say, walking up to me at the bar. She grabs the shot glass and sets it on the surface, looking at me.

"Woah, what's wrong?" she asks, but I'm unable to answer. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Brenna notices, taking my hand and leading me into the back to the restroom. As soon as I'm in, I rush to the stall and empty my stomach. It's not from drinking; it's the uneasy feeling of knowing that pig is my soulmate.

"What happened out there?" she asks, my body moving to sit on the floor. I clench my jaw; I'm so angry.

"I'm pissed. I'm so fucking angry," I say, unable to even formulate a thought. He had to have known who I was. There was no way he just came up to me on a limb. He knew I had the tattoos; why else would he have lifted my sleeve?

"Is this because of Sean?" she asks, and I stand up. I need to get out of here.

"No. He's just annoying," I say, moving to wash my hands.

She walks to lean on the counter beside me, my hands running against my thighs. I take a deep breath, turning to look at her.

"I just met my soulmate," I start, her jaw dropping. "And he's a fucking asshole."

She seems unable to form words and I try to think about anything other than that man. He is more than likely still in the bar and I'm not about to find out.

"Well, if you piece together everything, from the tattoos to the bruises, are you surprised?" she says, my arms crossing over my chest.

"I'm just pissed. I don't even know what I was expecting because I was going to be pissed either way," I remind her, and she just laughs.

"Come on. Maybe if you hang out with all of us, you'll take your mind off of it," she suggests. I run through my options. I could look like a baby and go home, or I can rub it in that I'm 'hanging out' with Sean on the outside chance my soulmate sees me.

I go with my second option.

"Let's go," I say, walking out into the bar with her. We make our way back to Miranda and the boys, my body leaning against the bar.

"You alright?" Sean asks, and I nod. I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"You need another drink?" he asks, and I nod. He orders me another vodka and cranberry and I hold it, trying to focus on what everyone is talking about Miranda is drunk and Mike is focused on her, which means Brenna and I are left talking with Sean.

I find myself stumbling towards the door at the end of the night, clearly drinking away what has been happening. Sean is walking beside me, as well as Brenna who is in the same state as me.

"Let me guys take you home," Sean suggests, but I find myself uneasy with that idea. I barely know him and I hate the idea of him knowing where I live.

"Can't drive unless you test," I hear, my head turning. I see the brown-haired man walk towards us, his hand holding a breathalyzer. My stomach turns looking at him; dimpled smirk making me angry.

"Man, I barely drank tonight," Sean tries, his hands lifting up. The man reaches for me and I step back, nearly falling over.

"Take the test," he demands Sean, holding the breathalyzer. The man's eyes flicker to me and I glare at him, his eyes staying locked on mine.

"See, I'm perfectly fine," Sean says when the test is done. The man looks at me and he walks towards me, his broad body standing tall.

"Are you sure you want to go home with him?" he asks me, staring into my eyes. The man clearly tries to intimidate me and I'm unsure of this game he's trying to play right now. He's testing me and it's uncalled for.

"Yup," I say, his jaw clenching. Just by the look on his face, I feel as if I sobered up fast.

"I'm taking her home. With her roommate," Sean says, the man turning his head to look at him. I'm able to observe the lotus tattoo behind his ear. It's so out of place on him.

"Did I ask you?" the man says, and I find myself unable to take my eyes off him.

"Shit, why do you care so much? Do you do this to all drunk people?" Brenna asks, and I build up the courage I have in me. I shove the man's chest and walk away from him.

"I'm fucking walking home," I say, the man's eyes unable to look away from me. I turn around and start walking home, Brenna catching up to me.

But I feel the back of my neck wrapped in the expanse of a large hand, pulling me back and turning me around. The dark green eyes lock on mine and he glares down at me, my breathing stopped. His hand stays on my neck.

"Watch your fucking mouth," he grits. I refuse to think he has power over me. So I smile, letting out a small laugh to piss him off. His hand stays where it is, but his jaw clenches even more.

"Good luck finding me, baby," I sneer, shoving him before I walk away.

I catch up to Brenna and I wrap my arm around her shoulders, walking home with her. Sean has disappeared and I'm sure Brenna told him to go home.

"What a dick of a soulmate you got there," she says, piecing it all together even in her drunk state. I just laugh at her words, continuing our journey home.