Secrets and Lies

The New Year had begun and the new Maddie had returned back to New York. After hanging out with Nate and Chuck for almost a week Maddie had come back craving the party scene.

Something she prided herself on avoiding the first half of the school year. But now.....

No better time than now for a secret pool party using the school pool.

Maddie stood at the edge of the pool. Anyone could see that this was a damn good party, the drinks were flowing, drugs were coursing through people's veins but most importantly they were having a good time.

"Maddie" Serena called out in a high pitched tone grabbing her in a hug.

"How was Monaco? Come have a drink" Serena continued pulling Maddie towards the table. She handed her a glass filled with vodka and some sort of juice.

Maddie slid the drink down her throat. Shortly after followed by another one.

"Someone just can't stay away from the Chuck Bass can they?" Chuck asked Maddie.

"Maybe your the stalker. Have you ever thought about that?" Maddie slurred.

"Hey Maddie" two boys from behind her called, one of them was her classmate Andrew Collins. She stumbled over to them as Dan, Serena's boyfriend walked in.

The two were roughhousing over a bottle of alcohol. One grabbed Maddie's waist pulling her into the little playful fight. As the bottle was ripped from the person's hand he grabbed onto Maddie before banging into the pole.

Maddie being thrown under the water gasped for air and pushed the hair out of her face. She immediately screamed at the sight of blood spilling out into the water.

The whole party was now looking at her.

Maddie watched as Nate pulled Andrew out of the water. Chuck came to help Maddie.

"I -I - I' m dead" was all Maddie could muttered. Her thoughts were everywhere and her tipsy state didn't help.

She tried to gather her things but the ambulance and cops had already arrived. No one was escaping this.

Nate, Chuck, Blair, Serena, Dan, Maddie and the minions all stood around as the cops began their questioning.

Maddie so distraught began to have a panic attack. She curled over placing her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"Are you okay?" Nate whispered.

"I'm in so much trouble" was all Maddie said.
———
The next day the students involved gathered at the school. They were all required to write a 10,000 word essay and have a one on one interview with the head mistress. Whoever was responsible was to be expelled and if no one came forward then they all face explosion.

As they walked out together Nate grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"Are you okay? Last night you looked distressed" Nate asked.

"My dad hasn't called me yet which means he doesn't know about it. Believe me when he finds out I'll be sent far away from here" Maddie said.

They walked back to the group standing on the steps.

"Look, no one talks, no one gets in trouble" Chuck threatened.

"Who did break in anyways?" Nate asked.

Everyone remained silent.

"I guess we don't have to worry about Nate cracking under pressure" Chuck sassed.

"So are we all agreed?" Blair asked.

"Agreed" Serena commented. Dan, however, wasn't for it.

"Look, Blair, I know you have your sights set on Yale but this bones and skulls stuff is a little too much, don't you think?" Dan asked.