Chapter 28

Manik: Tell me what it is?

Aman: (slowly) Sir, I researched a lot and came to know that Mr.Abhimanyu Murty took the flight to New York four years ago but it crashed and..

Aman stopped and Manik guessed what was coming next. He gripped the railing tightly as his heart pounded loudly. Licking his dry lips he asked.

Manik: a-and?

Aman: There are possibilities that he is dead, Sir. We got the information that Mr.Murty died but it is not confirmed, Sir.

Manik stumbled hearing Aman. His grip on the railing loosed. How was he suppose to break this news to his wife? He looked at her sleeping figure and he could feel tears forming in his eyes.

Just few hours ago he confessed his love to her and now how is he going to tell about her brother to her?

How is he going to tell her that the brother she is waiting for has died.

Aman: Sir! Sir!

Manik came out of the shock hearing Aman's voice. He gulped palming his face for a second.

Manik: (sternly) What do you mean it is not confirmed? Are you by any chance trying to manipulate me?

Aman: (terrified) No Sir! Why would I do that

Manik closed his eyes in frustration and took some breathes and spoke again.

Manik: Why are you giving half information. Didn't I tell you to get me the complete Information about him. I don't want any possibilities, I want a final result.

Aman: I am sorry, Sir. It happened four years ago and there is hardly any information left.

Manik sighed in frustration and continued.

Manik: A week!

Aman: (confused) Sir?

Manik: (sternly) You have a week. After a week I won't take any excuses but your resignation letter. Understood!

Even Aman knew it was just a empty threat. Manik can never ever fire Aman. But still Aman couldn't take any risk. What if Manik's mind blasted after a week and he fired him? Where will he go after getting fired from Malhotra Industries.

He bobbed his head frantically and Manik sighed knowing about his this habit.

Manik: (Calmly) Aman, Do anything but find him.

Aman: (confident) Don't worry, Sir. A week is enough. (teasing hesitatingly) Vaise Sir, How is bhabhi?

Manik: (fake stern tone) She is perfect!

Aman laughed and Manik blushed a little rolling his tongue on his inner cheek.

Manik: Bye Aman!

Aman: Bye, Sir. Have a nice day with Bhabhi, Sir!

Manik: (warning) Aman!

Aman: Sorry Bye sir!

He hung up the call and Manik sighed. He turned to look at his wife who was sleeping without any tension.

He wondered the way his tension washes away when ever he looks at her innocent face. She was truely Beauty with Brains.

He took lazy steps towards the bed and sat down beside her. Sensing him she snuggled into him making hin smile. He ruffled her hairs lovingly as she started waking up.

Nandini: Good Morning Manik!

Manik: Morning Sunshine!

Opening her eyes she stared at him and the intensity with which he was staring at her made her blush.