Contemplation

Gerald sighed, gazing at his reflection in the park pond. He picked up a stone and skipped it across, trying to rid of the memories of Peppa bursting into tears right in front of him. It wasn't his fault, he tried to remind himself.

Gerald had heard rumors of bullies, and he knew they were no joke. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around peppa, holding her in a tight embrace. But what if Daddy pig sent a bully towards Peppa?

Gerald had tried to come back to Peppa, only for her father to appear in a fit of rage and fury. That's when he threatened a bully towards Peppa. And Gerald wished he could clear things up.

The second he saw Peppa's heart break, his heart broke. Shattered. He knew it could not be healed unless Peppa grasped his hoof. He blushed thinking about it. Some might think holding hands was too mature for their age, but Peppa and Gerald had old souls.

"I love you, Peppa," Gerald whispered, clutching a picture of them together, when they had gotten their first pet, Squirtle.

He looked around and saw couples left and right, sharing funnel cakes, walking their pets, some even holding hands...

Gerald sighed. Was he being selfish or compassionate?  He loved Peppa... and at that moment, he knew.

He knew that he could not and would not let her go.