Origins

This is Dreamtale. An alternate universe where the most important thing is a tree that bears two types of fruit, the golden and black apples.

These fruits are not taken for granted as they are everyone's feelings. Everyone's hopes and everyone's dreams thrive on this tree. But so does everyone's nightmares and negative thoughts.

The two sides of this tree are protected by two brothers, Dream, and Nightmare. Dream takes care of the golden fruit, the embodiment of everyone's happiness and positive thoughts, while Nightmare takes care of the black, galaxy-looking fruit filled with negativity. But you know that story, don't you?

What if I told you that there was more to this than what was given? Something just as important as the tree of feelings.

We can't forget about Y/N.

While the tree of positivity and negativity thrived on a tree. Across the forest, there was a shrub. Though not as grand as the tree of feelings, it was still a sight to see.

Flowers of white, silver, and grey flourished from this shrub. Like the tree, it also had a guardian. Her name was Y/n. She devoted her life to protecting the shrub of nothingness. While everyone was fascinated with the tree of positivity and negativity on the hill, Y/N lived a life of comfort. She had even built herself a tiny home where the shrub is hidden from view as more types of flowering plants and trees grow.

Everything was peaceful for her. She had her plants, food, books, and entertainment whenever she got bored with her quiet life. Though there was no reason for her to be bored. There was always something trying to get to her shrub. Surprisingly enough.

Since more people have been coming near the tree of feelings, the forest was also susceptible to having a few people wanting to poke at her flowering shrub. A solution was easy to come up with for the guardian. The guardian decided to make a fence to keep everyone out. And so she did. A golden white barrier was made with Y/n's magic to protect the sacred flowers. The gorgeous colors emitted were intriguing for people wanting to come in. This forcefield worked, forbidding these souls to approach the shrub. Y/N being a guardian of the concept of nothing, had her way with magic. She made the fence enlaced with an aura making the want turn into nothing. This void that people would feel would make them run back home to feel something. A powerful tool for protection.

This feeling of nothing at times does get to Y/N too. A walk through the forest would usually solve this. But that day was something different.