Arc 2-3 : Apocalypse

“But won’t you be in danger if he comes back…”

“No one can hurt me while you’re here.” Ding Zhaoyu held Tang Wanxin in his arms and patted her on the back, coaxing her in a low voice.

Tang Wanxin said with a sigh of relief, “Forget it, I’m just worried about you, but I also believe you can handle it well.”

Ding Zhaoyu smiled gently, and Tang Wanxin indulged in his smile and couldn’t help kissing him.

The crisis worsened a day after Doomsday. Zhou Xu didn’t have a lot of food, and he had Xixi to take care of now as well. The child was sensible, obedient, quiet, and she could even help do some work.

Every time Zhou Xu looked at Xixi, he felt a bit of sadness. But this was the apocalypse. Xixi was afraid and was very clear that if she did not obey, Zhou Xu might abandon her.

Many roads have been blocked. Without maps and navigation, Zhou Xu could only follow the memory of the original master and drive in the general direction.

After a whole month, Zhou Xu found Chaoyang Base. During this period, Zhou Xu taught Xixi how to protect herself, and also taught Xixi various methods of dressing wounds.

At the gate of the base, Zhou Xu breathed a sigh of relief. The plot had finally gotten back on the right track, and he could officially begin his road to revenge.

“This is the population registration form. Please fill it out. After filling it out, someone will take you to have a medical examination. If you pass the physical fitness test, the base will give you a bed.” At the entrance to the gate, a girl smiled gently and spoke to Zhou Xu.

After receiving the registration form, Zhou Xu gave her a warm smile. The girl was instantly stunned. Two red spots appeared on her white cheeks.

“Thank you.” Zhou Xu said.

“Ah, no, you’re welcome.” The girl lowered her head in a panic, but Zhou Xu was very satisfied. It seemed that the original owner was really good looking, but it was just that he had not made good use of his body.

“This is a child who came with me. Does she need to fill in her information?”

“Your child?” The girl looked a little confused.

“No, I met her on the road, but I couldn’t bear to leave her behind.” Zhou Xu filled in his form and answered with a chuckle.

“Oh, that’s good. The base has a special place for orphans under the age of ten.”          

“Can’t she follow me?” Zhou Xu put down his pen.

“No, unless you prove you are related.”

Zhou Xu tilted his head slightly, looking like he was pondering on the issue, then winked at the girl and laughed, “Beauty, this is my younger sister named Zhou Xixi. Can she join me now?”

The girl was almost blinded by Zhou Xu’s wink. She had been blushing, but now her face was bright red. She nodded her head like a chicken pecking rice and said, “Yes, yes, no one checks anyways.”

With that, the girl handed Zhou Xu another form, this time about kinship.

“Thank you, beautiful.” After that, Zhou Xu filled out the form in under one minute and led Xixi to the medical examination office.

There was nothing special about the medical examination office. The people there only checked whether or not someone had an ability. If they had an ability, they would be assigned to a power team and go out on missions. If they had no power, they would be assigned to one of support departments.