40~Let's End This

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

All of them. Just like that.

Gone.

One moment they'd all been there, standing around. Then their figures had winked out of existence.

Your mind reeled. Had they gone back to Olympus? They wouldn't leave just like that, though, would they? He wouldn't leave just like that, would he?

But no. Your eyes widened when you saw the air where they'd been standing ripple slightly. You strained your eyes. Were you going crazy? No. No you weren't.

Your mouth dried when the rippling air start moving down the road. That's when you caught sight of the barest of shadows flickering across the road; no one would even see it unless they were actually looking for it. And you knew.

They hadn't gone back to Olympus after all. You quickly wracked my mind, going over all the demigods and known powers that Jungkook had listed the very first day you'd met them when they'd tried (and failed) abducting you.

Hoseok. The son of Apollo. What was it Jungkook had said? Hoseok could bend lights and shadows to turn someone or something practically invisible to the eye.

Now sharp curiosity and suspicion ignited in you. Where were all seven of them going that required that no one could see them?

In a split moment's decision you quickly slipped on a pair of Chacos by the door and stepped outside.

By now the rippling air and flitting shadows were almost near the end of the street. You shut the door quickly, but as silently as possible, and took off after the group, sticking close to the edge of the sidewalk where it was obscured by bushes or trees.

They were all moving with the swiftness of purpose and several times when you rounded a street corner you thought you'd lost them. But then you'd see the barest of shimmers or the smallest of darkness up ahead and took off.

Your heart was now beginning to pulse quickly against your ribs and then skipped a beat when you realized that they were all steadily making their way to the older part of the neighborhood.

The houses here were bigger, but abandoned. Many windows were boarded up, the yards in front of the structures overgrown and tangled mess as nature claimed what was hers. Even the sidewalk were cracked and crumbling at the edges from lack of maintenance.

When you rounded yet another corner you had just enough time to see the rippling air disappear into a small alley.

You halted. Goosebumps shimmered down your arms as the evening air became cooler. The shadows here were long and menacing around you.

Indecision flickered through you. Keep following them and maybe it would turn out all they were doing was throwing more fruit at each other. Or maybe go back home and risk an atomic explosion being set off.