Jealous

Nate

"It will be pretty easy to find them. Maybe in a few hours" Leo said.

"That easy?" I asked raking my fingers through my hair.

I definitely need a haircut.

"Yeah I mean we have their names and they probably reported Rose missing. It will be really easy" He said.

I sighed. I didn't know if she was ready to face that so early. I didn't even warn her before. I guess it would be a surprise.

"Do you want me to contact them when I find them?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess. Will they trust you though?"

"Well I'll try to convince them. Maybe I will contact police as well first or something"

"Do what you got to do. And thank you Leo"

"No problem bro" He smiled and turned back to his work.

I left the room thinking.

Search for her parents, check

Now I had to deal with Cole and his father.

On my way to the kitchen I bumped into her.

"Look who decided to wake up" I smirked.

"I woke up and you weren't there and I got scared" She mumbled and crossed her arms.

I took her in my arms and kissed the crown of her head.

"I have some work to do and I'll be back, okay?"

"Can't you stay for a bit? The girls will come pick me up in half an hour to go out anyways" She said looking down before bitting her bottom lip.

I can't say no to that. I'm a cold hearted person but I'm not that cold hearted.

"Of course Rosy" I smiled relished her bottom lip from her teeth.

"Thank you" She said with a shy smile.

I debated on whether I should tell her that we would find her parents today or not. She had to know, it was her business after all. On the other hand, I didn't want her to stress about it and It would be a great surprise.

I decided to leave it as a surprise and hoped she wouldn't get mad at me for keeping it from her.

"Where are you going later?" She asked walking up to our room.

Truth is I wasn't going anywhere. I was just going down a floor or two. I had to deal with Cole and his father.

"Just going with Vincent to check something out" I said once we were in the room and sat on the bed.

"You don't need to lie to me you know" She said closing the door. "Are you going to deal with Cole?"

I was taken aback but decided to tell her.

"Yes"

"Are you going to kill him?" She asked.

That was testing me. I didn't want to snap at her, I really didn't and I held back. I took a deep breath and regained my cool.

"Yes. Do you mind?"

I felt weird telling her that. I felt bad almost. I never really cared about the 'bad guys' and what happened to them until now. She probably thought I was no better than Cole. Maybe she was scared of me and she was acting the whole time. Maybe all she saw me as was a threat. A killer.

"I'm against murder in general" She whispered.

"Then why do you even want to stay with me? Don't you see me as a killer?" I asked looking down.

"Maybe I am stupid for staying with you" She said.

I can't say it didn't hurt me. It shattered me. I could almost hear my heart breaking.

"Then leave" I said firmly.

"I can't" She said quietly.

"Why?"

My voice was so weak right now. I felt like I wanted to cry and I didn't even know why.

"Because I care about you and I want to be with you and you've showed me a good side of yourself" She said firmly, "You're not a bad guy Nate. Something happened to you and changed you. It happens to most of us, but I can see the good in you"

Her words made me feel vulnerable. I didn't like it.

"I am a bad guy. I kill people"

"Nate" She said and put her palms on my cheeks making me look at her, "Everybody needs love and I'm willing to give that to you"

I wanted to be happy, but I couldn't. Maybe I was being an ass, but I couldn't get over the fact that she wanted Cole alive.

"Would you do that for Cole?" I asked which earned me a hard slap on the face.

I deserve that.

"How can you say that?" She asked walking back away from me, "Cole is nothing compared to you. No, he can't even compare to you. Cole tortured me. He hurt me physically, starved me and raped me how could you think even for a second I would have feelings for him?!Why are you so jealous of him when he's got nothing to you?!" She yelled.

I glanced at her face and immediately looked back down. I couldn't look at her. There were tears running down her face. She was hugging herself and she looked so offended and sad. She had every right too.

"Well that's why I want him dead!" I said standing up, "He hurt you so badly and he scarred you for life"

"Revenge isn't going to get you anywhere"

"If he's alive he will try to hurt you or me again for revenge. I know how it works Rose, I've been doing this job since I was only twelve, maybe I wasn't killing people then but I saw it happen many times. Just because you show mercy doesn't mean they will as well. It's killed or be killed and I'd rather protect the people I love"

She slowly walked closer to me looking straight into my eyes. She was getting used to that now. I loved her gaze on me, but now it made me feel helpless.

Surprisingly, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"I won't leave as long as you'll have me. I want to stay with you despite what you do and don't ever compare yourself to Cole. He's past" She whispered and pulled away with a soft smile, "Whatever you decide to do, my opinion on you won't change. You showed me good. Now I have to go, the girls are waiting" She said taking a few steps backwards.

And before I could do anything, she was gone.

___________

I walked up the stairs feeling my body heavy. My clothes were stained in blood and it wasn't mine. I felt bad, I've never felt so bad about killing anyone before.

Rose was still out with the girls. I was going to take a shower and change. I didn't want her seeing me all bloody.

I bumped into someone on the way, "Dude, you're so bloody" Leo pointed out, "Is it done?" He asked and I nodded, "Well I just had to tell you that her parents are going to be here in a few hours so might as well get rid of the blood" He smirked.

My eyes widened.

Fuck, I forgot about that.

I had already fucked up with her today, maybe she wasn't ready to face her parents.

"You look like a wreck, are you okay?"

Wow thanks Leo. That's so motivating.

"Yeah all good. I'll go clean up"