part five

hannah's pov

i think i'm going insane.

it's actually quite possible that that statement is true considering i'm currently on my way to the blonde boy's house. the one i'd docked my boat at a few days ago. i think i remember topper saying his name was jj.

when i asked him if he lived at that house just the other day he said, "something like that," so there's quite the possibility i could be barging into a strangers house, or one of his friends perhaps.

i didn't know why i was doing this. well no, that's a lie, i did. i needed to thank him for saving me from topper last night.

topper was like the first guy that came up to talk to me since i've been here and he seemed really nice, especially when i met him at the wreck. turns out he just wanted to get in my pants.

i slowed down on my skateboard as i came to what i think i remembered as the blonde boys house.

i picked up my board and set it beside a tree, biting my lip while i looked at the house. why am i doing this. why am i doing this.

i carefully crept up the stairs, quiet enough for me to just turn around and forget this whole thing but before my mind realized what i was doing, i brought my fist up to the door and knocked three times.

i waited outside the door, tucking a hair behind my ear before crossing an arm over my chest, gripping my other arm. i chewed on my lip as i waited for the door to open.

a few seconds passed when i realized the the boy probably wasn't home and i began to turn. suddenly the door in front of me squeaked open.

"um," was all the boy said when i whipped my head around to stare at him, "hi?"

"uh hey hi," i stuttered.

"what are you doing here?" he asked, not seeming all too impressed with my presence.

"listen, i just wanted to thank you for last night, uh, for saving me from topper and all," i said looking down at the stairs, suddenly conscious of his hard stare on me. 

when i looked back up i saw he was now smirking, one eye brow raised.

"you came here to thank me?" he said sarcastically.

"well yeah i-" i began, starting to get a little annoyed of his crudeness.

"well i'll have you know i don't accept thank you's without a thank you present," he slowly said, still smirking. his arms were hanging from the top of the door frame and he leaned in closer to my face.

without even thinking i reached into my back pocket and pulled out the blunt i was saving for later that night. i brought it in front of his face and he raised his eye brows, taking a step back.

"so the kook smokes?" he teased. and proceeded to pluck the small roll out of my fingers, but before he could i pulled it back.

"you're gonna have to share it with me," i said with a grin.

"oh so now you think we're gonna have a big pow wow. what you think we're friends now?" he said. "not a chance princess," he started to turn around to go back inside the house but i stopped him.

"you're gonna pass this up?" i began. "come on now, this is the good stuff. after all i am a kook i can afford it."

"ahh so she's learned the term," he crossed his arms in front of his chest, now leaning against the door frame.

"you in or not?" i asked.

"fine kook, but only for the weed," he huffed.

"it's hannah by the way," i said.

"hannah..." he took his lip in between his teeth, looking me up and down. "i think kook suits you better."

and with that he stepped around me and started to walk to the backyard of the house. i glanced at the dock i had met him at only just a few days ago.

"after toppers lovely introduction last night i'm sure you know my name is jj," he said as he lied down on a hammock and gestured with a nod of his head for me to sit down on the other one beside him.

i scoffed at his words as i sat down and he tossed me a lighter. i lit the blunt and took a drag before handing it to him.

"i think i'm living a fever dream," he mumbled.

"oh yeah and why's that," i said, chuckling softly.

"i am currently sitting on a hammock, smoking with a kook," jj huffed and took a drag himself.

"i really don't understand the whole kook vs pogue thing, topper tried to explain it to me but it seems he was a little biased towards one side," i said.

"fuck that," jj spat, "toppers a douche."

"yeah a little," i mumbled.

"why were you even hanging out with him anyways?" jj asked.

"i just moved here, he was the first person to be nice to me," i said, glaring at him slightly, as a way of making him notice that was supposed to be a shot at his crude behavior from the other day.

jj just scoffed before taking another drag, "well at least now you know to stay away from him."

"if i remember correctly he also told me to stay away from you, and mentioned a gun might i remind you?" i chuckled.

jj clenched his jaw at my comment and stood up from the hammock abruptly. "you know what, fuck this," he muttered and began to walk away.

"woah wait wait i'm sorry i didn't mean to-" i said, jumping up from my own hammock to go after him.

"it's fine you can just leave now," he said, still not turning around to face me.

"look i didn't know-" i said before i was interrupted again. jj had stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me.

"go home," he said sternly, jaw still clenched.

i raised my arms in defense, "jeez, fine asshole, really living up to the name you know."

"yeah whatever kook," he said as he climbed up the stairs and swung open the door to the house.

i grabbed my skateboard setting it down in front of me. "it's hannah," i yelled back and raised my middle finger towards him. i pushes off on my board and looked back to see him still staring at me, he raised a middle finger right back as his cold stare met my eyes.