Percy Jackson

A/N Okay, so the dough recipe in this chapter that they use is something I found on the internet by Claudia Rinaldi. Although, I cut down on the time it actually has to sit before they spread it out and add toppings because I wanted them to actually finish at a reasonable time. After they made the dough, I just decided to wing it. But, I write half of the cooking in this chapter and it gets finished in the next fyi.

This isn't about anything serious, but this chapter says:
"Percy," I corrected. "Call me Percy."
And I looked at my phone, giggled, and said "Smitten. Call me smitten."

I have issues.

Okay, I admit, I should've tried to cover the hole in the wall bit more.

And by 'a bit more', I mean I should've actually done something because I made no effort to hide the hammer shaped hole in the wall. Yeah, good job there, Percy.

After a very private conversation with Annabeth, I led her to the training gym so that we could spar. Yep, nothing says romantic bonding like punching each other's faces in. Anyways, we entered to see a very annoyed Tony Stark talking to Thor about several hammar shaped holes that I most definitely had no idea how they got there.

Annabeth and I got into our ready positions, causally exchanging remarks about how we were totally gonna beat each other. "Jackson!" I heard Tony holler.

"Stark!" I yelled back in an attempt to mimic the billionaire.

"Do you know how these holes got here? Thor said he did indeed put his hammer on your toilet for the prank and he hasn't seen it since," Tony said dramatically.

I shot him a look that was so innocent, it made me look guilty.

That's when Annabeth charged and I drew Riptide. I sidestepped and parried her next attack.

"Jackson, I'm gonna ask Jarvis to pull up the footage of how these holes got here!"

My laugh was cut off as I ducked under my girlfriend's drakon bone blade. "Go ahead, I won't stop you!" I yelled before using a disarming trick I had figured out, effectively taking my Wise Girl's sword. I tossed both of our blades behind me, out of reach. I threw a kick and got blocked and then I got a very painful punch to the gut. I doubled over and lunged at her legs, tackling her into a pin. "I win?"

She huffed and smiled. "Sure." I stood and helped her up. "I should've known it wouldn't end well if I fought the best swordsman in several hundred years," she grumbled.

I laughed.

"Jackson!"

I laughed harder.

"You did find Thor's hammer on your toilet!"

Annabeth stiffened. "Percy, did you make those holes?"

I nodded sheepishly. "It was an accident, really."

"Where did you put Mjolnir, Perseus?" Thor asked, walking closer.

"The hammer has a name?" I said incredulously. I shook my head. "Of course it has a name. I put it with the other weapons." I jogged over to the wall and found the war hammer from that morning. I slipped my hand into the loop and grasped the handle, hefting it into the air.

I swear Tony's jaw dislocated from his head and fell to the floor. He did see me holding it in the video, right?

"May I see your blade, as you have seen Mjolnir?" Thor asked, reverently. I pulled my ballpoint pen out of my pocket and tossed it to Thor. He uncapped it and admired the celestial bronze. "Riptide is a fine weapon," he concluded. We switched and I recapped the blade.

"What's wrong, Tony?" I smirked. "Does Thor not let you hold Mjolnir?"

"Only those who are worthy can wield Mjolnir," Thor explained. "I guessed you would be worthy, Perseus."

"Percy," I corrected stiffly. "Call me Percy."

"For whatever reason, Percy hates his his real name," Annabeth explained as she walked over. "As far as I know, he hasn't told anyone why."

I shifted uncomfortably. "It's nothing, really. Perseus just kind of bothers me." Of course, there was no way in Hades I would every tell anyone that the real reason I hated the name was because of Smelly Gabe. No, Annabeth would think I was some sort of coward, for sure. I figured if word got out about what went down my first twelve years of living got out, my status might go from Savior of Olympus to Loser of Olympus. Or, worse: Charity Case of Olympus.

I shuddered at thought, which didn't go unnoticed by my caring girlfriend. She grabbed my hand and rubbed circles on the back of my hand. She could obviously tell that there was a reason behind my disliking my name, but she was kind enough not to push.

A few hours later, it was time for lunch. Stark offered to order pizza, but Annabeth turned it down saying the team was about to recieve a Percy and Annabeth special.

"So, you're the real reason Percy can cook," Clint had snickered.

I rolled my eyes and Annabeth came to my defense. "No, Percy's the reason I can cook."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I knew how to do some basic things, but I never really bothered until I visited Percy at his apartment and he helped Sally make dinner," Annabeth explained. "I decided I wanted to help out, too. And, then there have been times where Percy and I were... camping with some friends and we had to cook." Having spoken her mind, she linked her arm with mine and we marched to the kitchen.

I quickly pointed out where everything was. "So, what do you want to make?" I asked her.

"Well," she smirked, "Tony did say he wanted pizza. I say we give him a pizza to remember." I smirked back at her.

"I'll get the twenty-five grams of brewer's yeast and two tablespoons of flour," I decided.

"I'll pour the fifty mililiters of water," Annabeth beamed, already digging in the cabinets for a bowl and measuring cups. Soon, it was all mixed and covered with a damp towel, where it sat for half an hour.

We gathered up seven ounces of Manitoba flour, eight and eight tenths of 00 flour, four tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and a teaspoon of salt and stirred them in the biggest bowl we could find, partially because the recipe called for a big bowl and partially because we'd found one as large as the cabinet it was stored in.

We mixed the two doughs together. I happened to be standing behind Annabeth, my hands over hers. When she asked what in the Hades I was doing, I told her I was helping. She just laughed and I kissed the top of her head.

I felt so at peace right then, it was wonderful. I wasn't worried about nightmares or sleeping habits and whether I would be able to actually eat the food we were preparing. I wasn't even absentmindedly thinking over the past warsor the horrors of Tartarus.

All that mattered was me and my Wise Girl. Gods, it was perfect.