Chapter 5 - Joking Around With Techno

Techno seemed like a really laid back guy. His voice was so relaxing and deep, I'm not going to lie, it made me flush sometimes... He was like the guy anyone could get along with and have fun with.

"Y/N? Can you get me some more sugar from the storage room?" I hear Schlatt call out. 

"Yeah, sure!" I find my way to the storage room, pushing some boxes blocking the door way. I pull a string hanging from the ceiling, which seemed to turn on the bright bulb shining in the middle of the room. My eyes scan the room for a label saying 'sugar' or anything related to it. Unable to find it, I begin panicking like an idiot. I frolic around unable to find fucking sugar, until my lord and savior came.

"Sugar is over here nerd" I hear a low, gruffly voice say. 

"Oh, thanks Techno," I say, relieved, "I was about to freak out"

"No problem" he responds, stifling a deep chuckle.

I grab the sugar and give it to Schlatt, receiving a thanks. "No problem!" ok that was kind of a lie, I just had a whole mental breakdown trying to find sugar.

I look at the time to see it's my break and head to the cozy and comfy staff lounge. I see Techno comfortably sitting on the sofa playing games on the computer. I take a seat next to him and look over his shoulder. I see he's playing bedwars. 

"Oh damn you're pretty good"

"Thanks" he says as the words 'BED DESTROYED' pops up on his screen.

"Nevermind" I jokingly say to him, making him sigh.

"We live in a society-" 

The game ends with the words 'VICTORY' on his screen and Techno riding the ender dragon into the endless void. Techno types '/hub' in chat and clicks on a character with the name 'Murder Mystery' above the head. I see he's given the role of an 'innocent'. 2 minutes in and I see a player sprint towards Techno with an iron sword. "TECHNO LOOK TO YOUR LEFT" I yell out in desperation.

"HEEEEH?" he says followed by screams of absolute terror, "AAAAAAAAAAAA NOO I WANT TO LIVE"

"GRAB THE GOLD" I frantically scream. I see the gold being replaced by one bow and one arrow. One shot, c'mon techno.

ding

VICTORY!

"AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" me and techno say in delight, glad that the torture is over. We both look at eachother and laugh, remembering the madness and uneeded screaming that just occured. Techno plays a few more games and I get a bit bored, so I decide to say "Techno, you're too much of a wimp to jump off and try and block clutch when your bed gets broken."

"What? No, I'm not doing that"

"Wimp."

"I'm not a wimp."

"Are you sure?"

Techno turns to look at me and suddenly pins me to the wall, catching me off guard. 

"Wh-"

"Hey, y/n I bet you're too much of a wimp to keep looking at me"

I blush the hardest I've ever blushed in my life. "N-no go away" I mutter, too scared to even look anywhere near his face.

"Wimp."

"I- I'm not a wimp."

"Then look at me, y/n" I slowly move my head in embarrassment and look at him, dead in the eyes. I use all of my force to keep on looking. I could feel the light breaths of Techno and him inching closer and closer. Damn this break is a bit long, huh?

I hear the door open making me and Techno rush to our past position and we act casual.

"Break is over, it's your shifts now guys"

"Oh ok,  thanks Wilbur" I smile.

Techno logs off and heads towards the coffee machines and I follow. I go to the cashier area and start taking someone's order. I tell techno the order and he makes the nice, woody smelling coffee and hovers behind me, placing the coffee on the counter in front of me for the customer.

Techno puts his face dangerously close to mine. "Guess you aren't a wimp" he whispers in my ear, sending tingles down my spine. Techno swiftly goes back to what he was doing letting me have a silent melt down.

What. 

What was that. That was interesting. Remember what I said about Techno being chill and laid back? NEVERMIND. Not only does his screams sound like he just discovered a murder, but he can change the mood from joking to... a moment that makes me cover my face with my hands but like in a good way.

Damn, what a tease. Wait, what was he teasing? I've been having weird thoughts lately.

"Y/N?" Schlatt calls out, I slightly jump back. 

"Uh sorry, yeah?"

"Schlatt has been calling your name for the past minute but you weren't responding, what were you thinking about?" Wilbur asks.

"Nothing..." I respond, sounding so unnecessarily suspicious. 

"Okay y/n" Schlatt says. 

I change out of my work clothes, and say good bye to Schlatt, Techno and Wilbur. The bell gently dings as I walk out. I immediately start to crouch on the floor, covering my face and silently screaming. 

Oh my god.