Chapter 12- Daddy Nikolai's Lap

"So you wanna talk about this or,"

"I don't even want to be alive right now." I hold my head in my hands as we sit in the ice cream shop. It took heavy convincing for Leslie to let us climb out his window.

Needless to say, I can never be late to his class again.

"What did he say?"

"He wanted to apologize for his sister acting like a little bitch yesterday." I groan as I stir the red straw in the large glass of vanilla milkshake.

"He could have sent a damn telegram." Hal growls. "He was standing way to close for that to be an apology."

"You sound jealous." I tease.

"I'm not jealous just worried."

"Why? Do you actually care about my well being?" I ask as I take a sip of my milkshake.

"No your just the only person I know that has a decent fully functioning car. If they lycans take you away from me, I'll be stuck with James and his ugly car."

"Suck a dick Hal."

"Will you suck mine?" He leans forward smiling widely.

"I'll crack a whip and make you my bitch, best believe that you won't be riding with me for the next week." I say.

"What, don't be mean!" Hal says.

"Why shouldn't I? You just said we're not friends."

Hal goes on the defense but my mind isn't anywhere near this conversation. Going back to my conversation with Nikolai and how I would have to meet him tonight.

Something told me it wasn't a request.

Hal left the ice cream shop before me, his friends picking him up in a beat up corvette, and I was left alone to drive home.

I pulled into the driveway and saw my mother standing at the door. A hard look over her face as she watched my car pull up.

I got out of my car, hiding my look of shock behind my sunglasses. I knew she wanted to talk to me. But before she could speak Layla and Cody came running out the house to me.

"Did you really speak with King Nikolai!"

"What did you two talk about?"

"You go to Neoma Archway right? Is he teaching there?"

"Can you sneak us in?"

Question flying at me left and right and I had half a mind to jump back into my car and drive off. With a hand sneaking up to the handle my mother pushed through them both.

Jayson and Sabrina standing confused on the front steps.

"There's pictures of you circling around on the internet, and a video of you having a decently long conversation with King Nikolai." She crosses her arms over her chest giving me one of her hard stares.

It would have worked better if I was under her boot like Layla or Cody.

"What did you two talk about?" The question was firm but I had no real desire to answer.

"Mom she's not gonna talk with you grilling her like that." Cody moved in front of mom and gave me a kind smile. "I heard there are many Lycan women teaching at your school, you do work study right? Maybe you slip my transfer papers through to your office?"

"Me first," Layla pushed him out of the way. "But What was Nikolai like? Was he even more sexy in person?"

"You can look at pictures if you really want to know!" Cody says pushing her back.