fifty

{slow start}

Yoongi's hands were frailty and caution, shaking gently as he reached for the hot tea.
In his movements he found himself slowing, hands wrapping around the mug. They were ashen where the sunlight caught them, not ghostly, just subdued and greyish. Seated in the chair beside the hospital bed, Hoseok watched Yoongi's careful motions, realising how vulnerable the male was, and how much of a toll the fall had taken on Yoongi's body. 

Placing the tea back down against the tray table, Yoongi picked up his plastic fork, toying with the peas on his plate, refusing to eat any of the plastic-tasting food. "So... have the Jeons caught wind of this yet?" Yoongi muttered, starting to eat some of the rice on his plate. 

From the chair, Hoseok crossed one leg over the other, slightly leaning back as he let out a drastic sigh, "They think you're dead."

"At least they won't be trying to kill me." Yoongi said, scrunching his lips in distaste as he continued to eat some of the hospital food. He paused, placing his fork down before giving his full attention to Hoseok, "How did it go with the hospital forms?"

Hoseok frowned, "We did a bit of bribing with the higher ups... got you a fake last name and everything." He began to explain, pausing before he continued, "Your records are all real though so the doctors know what they're dealing with at least."

Yoongi rose a brow, "How in the fucking heck did you manage to bribe the higher ups?"

Giving a light chuckle, Hoseok's lip turned into a smug smirk, "Seokjin has plenty of connections."

Parting his lips, Yoongi mouthed a small, 'ah, I see' before leaning back a little in his bed, resting his head against the headboard as he let out a huff, "Speaking of the group, how's the situation with the Jeons anyway?"

"You mean if anything's changed?"

"Yeah."

Hoseok shook his head, "Nothing much, as far as we know the condition still remains for me to pay back my debt at the Banquet." He folded his arms over his chest, "The only problem now is that the boss man knows Jungkook is standing by our side... this plan of ours isn't looking too bright."

Twisting his lips, Yoongi turned his gaze back to his food. With a trembling hand he picked up his fork, playing around with the food once again as he rolled the peas side to side, "If the Jeons are smart, they're gonna be planning something against us for sure."

Hoseok's eyes fell dark, "Which is why we just have to try and work ahead of them."

"How many weeks now?"

"Three weeks." Hoseok deadpanned, "Just three weeks..."

Yoongi didn't realise he'd been applying pressure to his fork until it snapped, the plastic startling both males as they flinched at the sharp noise. Letting out a curse under his breath, Yoongi dropped the broken plastic against his plate, pushing it back to the edge of the tray table with a defeated sigh.

He wore a bored expression until the door clicked open, Jimin poking his head inside.
The male's hair was a vibrant fluffy mess, a result of him finally cleaning himself up after staying at the hospital for a week straight. Slowly, the male shuffled his way inside, shutting the door behind him, "Hey Hoseok."

Hoseok gave a lazy wave, "Long time no see."

Jimin returned the gesture with a weak smile before dragging his tired feet over to Yoongi's bedside, plopping himself down in a chair, "How are you going?"

With a gentle sigh, Yoongi propped himself up on his pillow, "I could be better."

Jimin frowned, lips then falling into a thin line, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you still apologising?" Yoongi spoke up, turning his gaze to Jimin, "I thought we both agreed that this was just a crazy series of unfortunate events-"

"I know but..." Jimin paused as he drew his lower lip between his teeth. He brought his hands up to his face, feeling the coldness in his fingers as he heaved a sigh. And then he pulled his hands away and smiled apologetically, "Yeah- maybe I should just stop thinking about all of this."

Yoongi returned the gesture, eyes locked with Jimin's remorseful gaze. Falling in love with him that was the easy part; it was admitting to himself that it happened that was hard. Yoongi could ask why, but what was the point? Jimin was here and he was so glad. 

Yoongi was a man who had lost his entire world at one point in time. How could someone hang onto something so incomprehensible? How could someone keep pouring love into an abyss?
But then, there Jimin was.
There was something in those brown eyes that was so beautiful, so safe and warm. In just one look, Yoongi was 'home.' 

Not needing a reason, Yoongi weakly reached out, cupping Jimin's face in his hands before he brought his soft lips to place against Jimin's forehead, making the connection. 

Jimin's eyes grew wide as he felt Yoongi's kiss against his head, the male rendered speechless as Yoongi pulled himself away, leaning back against the headboard of the hospital bed. Then, with the smallest of smiles, Yoongi spoke, "It's a slow start."

Blinking a few times, Jimin found his mouth opening and closing until he finally breathed out a sentence, "Okay... a slow start..."

From the corner of the room, Hoseok had to slap a hand over his mouth before he could start talking like crazy and disrupt the moment. Since when!? How in the fuck did Jimin manage to score Yoongi of all people-

Hoseok's thoughts were disrupted. All three heads turning when the door clicked open once again. Yoongi found himself sitting up straight as a nurse strut her way into the room, holding a couple of loose documents in her hands as she greeted him with a quick smile. "Sorry for the interruption, but we have some news from our end." The lady paused, gaze flickering to the two visitors before her eyes settled back on Yoongi, "Is it alright if I speak in front of them?"

Yoongi gave a small gesture, "Sure."

"Okay then." The nurse spoke, licking her thumb before she began to flick through a couple of documents. 

The wait wasn't too long, but Jimin unconsciously found himself shuffling his chair closer to Yoongi's bedside. The beeping of the machines dragged on in the silence, and Jimin couldn't help but tap a knee impatiently up and down. It seemed Yoongi was quick to notice because the male reached out a hand, placing it softly against Jimin's knee to stop the male's jitters. 

The nurse paused, sliding out a piece of paper before lifting her gaze once more, "After a few more scans and some progress we believe you have a good chance of walking again."

Yoongi wasn't one for expressions, but Jimin could clearly see the way his eyes lit up with the sudden news. 

The patient slightly leaned forwards, straightening himself up, "What will it take?"

The nurse frowned as her eyes flickered back down to the paper, scanning across the page, "A bit of Rehab I suppose-"

"How long?" Yoongi spoke up, causing the nurse to raise a brow at the male's extreme eagerness. It wasn't like her usual patients who just wanted to get back on their feet... there was a desperation in Yoongi's eyes. 

She swallowed thickly, "Months probably."

Yoongi's face fell, shoulders slumping as he crashed his head back against his pillow, "Months?" He bit at his lower lip, letting out a breath as he stared dejectedly at the ceiling, 

"I can only do weeks."

----------------------------------------

{Author Note}

We're finally getting into some Yoonmin