Chapter 21

Haley

Janice and her team took over my wardrobe and started hanging and putting things away.

"Do I have to be here?" I asked.

"Not if you don't want to.." she said. "We will manage."

I was grateful to hear that as I quickly hid myself in Archer's office. His office doesn't give out cozy vibes, but I rather be here than in my room filled with strangers.

I was remembering the name of people who's in the off-list when Archer walks in.

"Hello." He greeted and I give him a wary look. I don't know how he's feeling.

"Hi." I said as I shut the file. "Sorry, I had to use your space."

"Don't worry about it. You can use this space whenever you want." He paused. "I see Janice and her coworkers are still here."

"Yes." I said and looked at the clock. It was five-thirty.

"How was your day today?" He asked.

"Fine." I shrugged. "What about you?"

"I think same old?" He said.

"Thanks for getting these files for me." I said appreciating it. If I would have gotten these on Monday I would have definitely panic.

He laughed. "At least someone is taking work in a positive light."

I smiled. I think he's in a good mood-for now.

At six, Janice declared that her staffs and she will be taking her leave and will return to work tomorrow. She said the closets are somewhat ready, only few things needs to be added. I noted that the clothes she pick consists of both formal and informal and it's a fitting shirts and pants. I prefer wearing loose clothing, but all the clothings seem like a perfect fit.

Archer was talking to them about how he might need some more clothes for his wardrobe and the staffs seemed thrilled. I guess they are his fans, after all.

I excused myself and went to take a shower. My phone rang, it was from Sawyer. My coworker from Seattle and also my friend outside work. We sometime hangout after work.

"Sawyer." I said picking up the call.

"Haley.. is it true you moved to New York?" He sounded hurt.

I didn't know how to answer that. It's just temporary, but for now I must let people know. "Yes. It just happened all of a sudden." I said.

"All of a sudden?" He sounded disbelief. "Where will you be working?"

"I just got transferred to the location." I said.

There was a pause at the other end. "So you going to come back to say good-bye to us?"

"I will." I said.

"I'm upset, I know it's none of my business but I thought you would have told me about your plan."

It just happened all of a sudden during my vacation. What can I say about it?

"I'm sorry."

He sighed. "Rose and Maya wanted to throw you a farewell party.. let us know when you are free. We can all grab some dinner."

My heart warmed a little. "Thank you Sawyer."

"See you Haley."

And we ended the call.

I stared at my phone and groaned. What will I do now? Farewell party? For what? I know if I say No, they will be offended. Already they are upset I didn't share this with them and now rejecting dinner with them sounds like a horrible idea.

Mrs.Nolan comes in with a box. "A delivery for you." She smiled and I took the box from her, gratefully.

Like Amanda mentioned earlier, a MacBook was delivered to me and now I have to set up to begin my work.

I opened my work email and found a message from Amanda asking me to reply to her that I in fact received the laptop.

Within few minutes, she replied saying she will forward me Archer's schedule on Sunday, so I'm aware on Monday. She ended her email with a reminder to ask her questions if I'm stuck somewhere.

"Dinner will be ready soon." Mrs. Nolan said to me. It was around seven pm.

"I will have it later." I said to her. "Thank you."

"I think Mr.Rivera is expecting you to have dinner with him tonight."

I wanted to sigh, but kept quiet and followed her out to the kitchen. Archer was sitting on the bar stool with his back facing me.

"Hello."I said quietly. He have changed into a much more comfortable clothing and smelled of body shower and citrus.

"Hungry?"he asked.

I wanted to say no, but then I rather just eat now and then continue to do my work.

"Yes." I said.

He give me a smile. For dinner it was quesadilla and fries. I thanked Mrs.Nolan for cooking, it must be nice to just come home and the foods is all cooked for you. It's tiring to cook a meal after a long day. Sometime, I even skipped dinner or have to go with take out.

"Did Amanda explained to you?" He asked.

"Yes." I said. Most of the job was what I was expecting. "Wasn't she surprised that I'm living here?"

"Don't worry, she doesn't know I'm living here."

I was somewhat relieved to here this. I don't want people to talk about this at work.

"Any new details about your stalker?" I asked.

"Not much." He said and looked at his plate.

"Don't worry, you will be fine." I said to him and he looked at me with a look that I couldn't explain.

"Let's go for a walk?" He said after dinner.

"For real?" I was surprised.

"I'm sure you want to go out after all the busy day."

"Okay." I said. "I will get ready."

We both met near the elevator after few minutes. He was still wearing his V-neck shirt and sweatpants with a denim jacket and a running shoes. While I just put on a light jacket and changed my shoes.

"Is there any questions you want to ask about work?" He asked as we made our way out of the building.

I thought for a moment. "No." I said. "Your last assistant made a very detailed file about you."

He raised one of his eyebrow. "Is that sarcasm?"