Blood calls to Blood

Meliorn had left after placing Katherine on Magnus's couch, who scattered around his loft, looking  for things to stop the bleeding as raspy breaths left her body. 

''Magnus-'' she winced as he applied pressured to the wound ''Shhh.The poison's starting to  spread.'' he poured weird mixture in a glass and pressed it to Katherine lips who gasped in pain ''What-what's that?'' ''Something to balance the pain out.'' she let him pour it in her mouth, and screamed as it burned down her throat.

Katherine's scream had made Alec run towards the direction it was coming from and froze when he saw her on the couch , her skin pale and sweaty. His eyes widened in fear as he saw the wound on Katherine's thigh ''What happened to her?'' Alec ran over to the couch, his hands shaky as they pressed down on the wound. ''Demon got her, the poison's spreading fast....keep apply pressure .'' Magnus walked away to get something.

Katherine let her head rest back on the couch, the poison make her wither in pain. ''I am sorry.'' she looked at Alec and coughed. He let out a shaky breathe and blinked back the tears that wanted to flow out at seeing her like this ''What are you sorry for?''.

She chuckled weakly ''For....many things.'' black spots entered her vision and Alec took her face gently in his hands ''No, no. Kate, look at me.Look at me.'' her eyes focused on his that were covered with tears ''Al-Alec, if -if I-'' He shook his head, his throat tight with panic ''Don't talk, just focus on healing, focus on me.''

And she did, Katherine focused on Alec's hazel eyes, that even in pain, drew her in them, she focused on his messy but stylish hair, bits of whose entered his eyes.Katherine focused on everything about him, taking in every feature of his, not knowing if she'll ever be able to again.

Magnus returned with another glass filled with something and handed it to Alec who with shaking hands poured it down her throat, making her a bit numb ''I -I can't feel anything.'' panic settled in Katherine and Alec gently pushed her back as she tried to move ''Don't Kate, it will make the wound worse.''

Magnus let his magic flare out, his eyes turning into cat eyes ''Hold her down as much as you can,Alec.'' he looked at her ''This might hurt, sunlight.I have to burn the poison out of your leg.''

Katherine screamed as he touched her wounded leg, his magic burning her insides. Alec pulled her to his chest, running his shaky hands through her hair  as Magnus continued to burn the poison out of her system.

After few moments, he felt Katherine stiffen and placed her back gently against the couch, pulling the wet hair away from her cheek and sighed in relief as Katherine's chest rose and fell. For a moment he had thought that he would lose her and that thought alone had terrified Alec more than anything else in the world.

He wiped his tears away as Magnus wrapped a bandage around her thigh ''She's fine now..but she needs rest.We should let her sleep.'' Alec nodded and noticed that his fingers were laced with Katherine's, he couldn't help but think how their hands fitted with one another.

But he was engaged to Lydia.

That brought back the ache in his chest and he forced  his eyes away from Katherine and onto Magnus who was glaring at him ''Why did you come here?You couldn't have possibly known about Katherine's wound...and even if you did, I still don't see why you came. Haven't you given enough pain to her?''

Alec looked away at the accusations in the warlocks voice and Magnus chuckled humorlessly ''Or are you tired of bickering over the guest list for your wedding?'' he seethed at him. Alec got up from the couch and walked towards Magnus who was still glaring at him.

''I need to ask you something.''

''Will it take long? I have to make a potion for Katherine and well.-'' Magnus shrugged his shoulders ''-there's not much for us to talk about.'' he turned around to pour himself a drink, not really wanting to be near the boy who had caused his daughter so much pain.