4

Sure enough I'm back at Buzzfeed within the week for an interview, which is stressful to say the least, but also insanely exciting considering I know Shane and Ryan put in a good word for me.

The interview goes well and a few days later I get the confirmation that's I've got the job. I text Ryan and he seems super excited, even inviting me to get dinner with him, Shane,  and some other crew members to celebrate, which is an offer I can't turn down.

-

It's the night before my first day at Buzzfeed and I'm getting ready to meet Ryan and everyone at dinner. I can't wait to see them again, since we met at buzzfeed I've been hanging out with Shane, Ryan and another girl, Devon, who works on Unsolved too, a lot more.

I put on something casual for dinner, it's getting warmer and warmer in L.A. as we get closer to spring, so I make sure to dress for the weather.

Devon picks me up so we can carpool to dinner, we're meeting Ryan and Shane at the spot and we chat on the way over. Devon seems pretty excited for me to start at Buzzfeed, almost the whole car ride there she's talking about projects I can get onboard with, short videos I could do some stuff with, it all sounds like a ton of fun I'm not gonna lie.

Dinner is a lot of fun, and by the end of it I'm feeling so content that I don't even struggle to fall asleep, despite the fact that tomorrow is my first day at a new job.

...

The moment I swipe my ID and the green light glows is the moment it becomes real. I head up to me new desk, next to Devon and across from Shane and Ryan and almost immediately we start planning for the next few episodes of Unsolved. We won't be able to visit any paranormal locations until the fall which kind of sucks, but we have plans to make some stuff over the summer and I've already got a few other coworkers asking me to help them with projects. I can hardly imagine what the next few months will hold.