• 61 •

Author's note: I was too immersed watching Eternal Love of Dream (三生三世枕上书), I forgot to update. Oops! I love Bai Fengjiu and Donghua Dijun too much, I love them more than Bai Qian and Ye Hua. Aakshfhfiekd (fangirling hard).

Xue stared at Zasiok on the bed, his expression contemplative and dark. The marble in his hand glowed brilliantly as it hovered above his palm that was stretched towards Zasiok.  

"We really are the same." Zasiok said weakly, and it was only for Xue to hear. 

"What?" Xue frowned. 

"Other than the colour of our hair and eyes," Zasiok coughed. "We look exactly the same." 

"..."

"And we like the same woman."

"...?!"

Zasiok slowly turned to look at Cecil, who was standing beside Hana and his parents. Cecil was staring blankly into space, earning a few concerned glances from Hana.

"...a smile really suits her better." Zasiok mumbled softly. “Why does she look like that?”

"I...like her?" Xue furrowed his eyebrows, the marble slowly losing its glow. "What kind of like are you talking about?"

"Exactly like what I said," Zasiok frowned this time. "Cecil Lan, a woman that I like."

The marble stopped hovering, dropping back onto Xue’s palm and Zasiok could see the scowl present on Xue’s face. 

“Shut up, stop saying that.” Xue growled out, hastily resuming the soul absorption process.

“See, I told you, we are the same, we like the same woman.” Zasiok grinned, speaking coherently despite his drifting consciousness. “The only reason you would react like this is because you are jealous.” 

“Jealous?” Xue was visibly confused, the marble going back to its brilliant glow. “What the hell is that?” 

That response made Zasiok lift his eyebrows. “You don’t know what jealousy is?”

“Am I supposed to know?” 

“...to think the actual owner of my soul is this dense,” Zasiok chuckled and coughed at the same time. “Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to combine souls with you after all.”

Kai: “That explains the weird anger I keep feeling from you when you look at him and Cecil."

Xue: “...”

Xue: “...what?”

Kai shrugged.

Xue: “..."

Alric couldn’t help snorting, and once he realised he was laughing at Xue, Alric gasped and ducked his head. Thankfully, Xue disregarded it and concentrated on assimilating his soul with Zasiok, the marble glowing even brighter. 

“What do you mean by dense?”

"You'll understand it,” Zasiok closed his eyes, smiling. “Someday.”

Seeing this, Xue was immediately reminded of Kai when he absorbed Kai’s soul, and Zasiok even smiled in the same manner. 

***

The next moment Zasiok opened his eyes, he knew he had been absorbed, since the environment he was in was completely different. It was a humongous white space that was separated into various rooms, however, other than four rooms that stood out, the rest looked the same.