Steven × Gem/Human Reader

Y/n's POV

     "Come on Steven. You have been so stressed over little homeschool that you have forgotten how to relax and have fun." I said as I rubbed his back. He was been staring at all these files for hours. He hasn't taken any breaks.

     "No, I have to finish these. They aren't going to finish themselves." He said as he rested his head in his hand.

     "You can always do them later. Doing them all now is just stressing you out. Come on, play a game with me and the Gems." I said as I moved my hands from his back to his shoulders.

     "Maybe, just let me finish this one file." He said. I groaned as I walked towards the Gem room door. "Love you."

     "I love you too." I groaned back as I walked into Amethyst's room. The Gems were waiting there for me to see if I had convinced Steven to stop working for a bit.

     "Any luck?" Pearl asked. I plopped down on an old couch.

     "The best I got was a maybe but after he finishes the file he was working on." I leaned my head back as I looked up at the ceiling. "He's gonna work himself to death."

     "I have an idea. You guys do your own things. You will eventually find out what I'm doing." Amethyst said.

     "Okay, I'll be in my room." Garnet said walking away.

      "I'll go do some laundry." Pearl said walking towards the door. Amethyst and I followed her.

     "I'll be tending to his plants. He hasn't watered them in a while." I said. We then all headed different ways. Steven is really worrying me. Ever since we found out about Pink and Rose, he has been so stressed. He's so focused on helping other people that he won't focus in himself. He's doing more damage to himself than anyone else could. He's making it worse by pushing himself so much. Even if I ask him about how he feels, he always finds a way to change the topic or switch it around to talk about someone else.

     10 minutes has gone by and I only watered a fifth of the plants. No wonder he ends up spending so much time up here. It's so much work to water these.

     "Y/N HELP ME!" Steven yelled as he burst through the doors. He scared the shit out of me.

      "WHAT? WHAT'S WRONG?" I asked frantically as he grabbed my shoulders.

     "Amethyst is trying to get me to play Steven tag with her. She's interrupting me from my work." He said as fast as he could as he looked around. I'm guessing that he's making sure that she isn't up here. I groaned as I rested my head in my hand and shook my head.

     "You can't just run in here screaming over something as simple as that. You almost scared the poop out of me. I thought something was wrong." I said as I looked back at him.

     "SOMETHING IS WRONG. I have to make sure no one else gets tag if they do then-"

     "TAG." Amethyst yelled from behind me. She had her hand on my back with the biggest smirk.

     "Oh no." Steven said as he backed away. I smirked at him as I shape shifted into Steven.

     "Let the game begin!" I yelled as Amethyst and I charged at him. He screamed as he ran back to into the temple. "Haha, I like your plan."

     "Thanks, it didn't take very long to get him playing either. He may say that he's not playing but if he really wasn't, he wouldn't be running away." Amethyst said laughing. I laughed along with her as we slowly got the the living room. We found places to hide so we could catch someone off gaurd and tag them.

     "GARNET GARNET GARNET, you have to help me. Y/n and Amethyst have gone crazy." Steven said frantically as he approached Garnet. I let out a small laugh as I snuck up behind Garnet. Steven saw me. "GARNET LOOK OUT!" I tagged her right as Steven had warned her. Garnet dropped down to her knees for a dramatic effect.

     "Noooooo." Garnet yelled. Amethyst came out and we both laughed at Garnets dramaticness. "Well, guess I gotta change." With that, she changed into Steven. We were running all around the temple. Soon we heard Pearl warp back from doing Laundry.

     "Pearl, thank god you're back." Steven said as he ran to her. Garnet, Amethyst, and I were all hiding. "You have to help me."

     "Help you with what? I thought you wanted to be alone." Pearl said as she walked into the room, closer to where we are hiding.

     "No, don't go in there! They are going to get you!" Steven yelled as he backed up.

     "Who are they?" She asked. As she did, the three of us jumped out and tagged Pearl. "Oh."

     "Yupp, we are playing Steven Tag." Garnet said.

     "Wait, jokes on you guys, Pearl doesn't shape shi-" Steven was cut off by the sound and Pearl shape shifting into a Steven. The three of us picked up Pearl and started cheering. We abruptly stopped and glared at Steven. He started running as we chased after him.

     We chased him everywhere in the house but he was very good at getting away. He eventually ran outside. We then got the idea to fuse but that still didn't work. He juked Garnet out with his jacket and she dramatically yelled again.

     "I join the game." Steven yelled. We all smiled and chased after him again. Garnet unfused and we had more players. Four of us jumped and Steven hit us out of the way. Sapphire stayed up top and tagged Steven. Steven fell and layed in the snow. He refused to change until we chanted.

     "Little Steven is pretty cute." I said with a smile, that was until I realized that Steven wasn't smiling. He gave us a rant about how we have to stop treating him like a child. It seemed very directed at the other gems so I just stayed out if it and listened. They understood what he was saying and they all group hugged.

     "Get in here y/n." Pearl said as she pulled me into the hug. We all started laughing.

     "Ya know, I really did need this." Steven said as he left the hug.

     "I guess you should get back to work now then." I said with a small weak smile.

      "No, we can't because TAG." He yelled as he tackled me to the ground. I started laughing with him as we sat up.

     "I guess we have to update the game." I said as I shape shifted into older Steven. Steven and I stood in a battling stance before we charged after the other gems. Today was the most fun we have had in awhile.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
1184 words
I based this one off of the episode a bit. Hope you guys liked this and I hope to see you guys in the next one. Byyeee👋