Back To You

Amelia and Tommy lay in front of the fire within each others arms. The soft crackle was the only noise heard within the house. Amelia was in Tommy's white shirt, her hand and head on his chest as he stroked down her back. Tommy wasn't sure if he was alive or dead, he was still floating in the previous few hours. Her body, her eye's, the soft moans when he kissed her, it all replayed over and over in his head.

Amelia was sleepy, her eyelashes fluttering closed every now and then as she listened to his heart, her fingers gently trailing his naked chest. His heart beat was a lullaby. The thoughts of her day where dissolving with every moment.

"We should move" he mumbled as his hand stopped on the middle of her spine. "You can't sleep here"

"No" she whispered back. Amelia was afraid that if they moved they both would disappear, this night never happening.

Tommy laughed softly, the first time ever in her presence and began to move, his arm pulling her body to his. Amelia liked the sound, it sounded nice coming from him. It was a freeing sound.

"Come on lady Crostwell, it's time to go to bed" and he lifted her up bridal style, his eyes trained on the door. If he would of looked at her, in his shirt they wouldn't of made it into the hallway.

"I can walk" she laughed as she pressed her head back to his chest.

"You need to preserve your energy" he said. Amelia was thankful that he couldn't see her blushing profusely.

It dawned on her very quickly that she had given herself to him in every way she could, she felt weak in the knees at the thought but knew she had to let her walls down now. It was all consuming.

What more could he do to prove to her that he was hers? when she pushed he stood still. When she screamed her stayed silent. When she grieved he gave her the space. When she was hurt he was there.

Tommy Shelby was there.

—-
Tommy couldn't help but feel smug as he sauntered his way into the betting shop. Everything was his. Power, money, business, Amelia and soon to be legitimate business.

The feeling that raced through his veins was indescribable: it was euphoria. The puzzle was finally unveiling itself and it was everything that he wanted.

As he slipped into his office and took his seat he caught scent of Amelia on his shirt and quickly scrambled for a cigarette. Tommy felt like a teenager again and it was hard to control his urges.

The images of her body underneath his slipped through to his consciousness. Tommy knew that last night she had trusted him more than he deserved, she had forgiven him without a word. There where agreements and promises made last night that he would never break, never step out of.

"What ya smiling at Tommy?" Arthur asked as he walked into the room with his cap in his hands.

Tommy quickly coughed and sat up straighter "Nothing brother, did the shipment come in this morning?"

Arthur smirked and took a seat at Tommy's desk.

"Yeah yeah, John boys got them unloading as we speak. Pol said you didn't come home last night and by the smell of perfume on ya I see you've had a good night"

Arthur slapped them table and took one of Tommy's cigarettes.

"Arthur..." Tommy warned, silently cursing himself for showing his emotions.

"So, Amelia's forgiven you then?" And Tommy almost choked on his tongue. Instead he glared over at his brother.

"Yes" was all he said.