133

ARCHIMEDES

" What the hell, Kie?!" I shouted when I saw her at the front door, almost slumped at the floor. Her blouse were ripped and I could see the strap of her bra.

" Fuckers!" she whispered. I bended my knees on the floor and tried to check on her. I could hear Logan's footsteps from behind.

" What the fuck happened?"

" I don't know. I just heard a knock and there she is." I held her elbows and tap her cheeks. She was saying something a while ago.

I tried to wake her up again but it's no use. I carried her on my arms and brought her to the couch of our room. Well, there's a small one. I think she fits.

" She's got bruises on her neck, Arch." Logan pointed at her neck. I checked on it. It was a mix of purple and red. Some were not even bruises. Just scratches.

" Jesus." I muttered. I grabbed a first aid kit from my room and knelt down to treat her.

" Why don't we just bring her to the hospital?" Logan suggested.

" If she wants to go to the hospital, she should be there by now." I told him. Logan just shrugged while I continued applying some ointments on her neck.

" That girl seems to have a lot of problems than I thought of."

" She said you weren't friends with her." I told him.

" We're really not friends. She just hangs out to the same crowd that I am in." he shrugged.

I sighed and continued treating her. Logan entered his room so I was left alone with a snoring Kie.

I stared at her face. Kie's beautiful, just a bit badass and clingy. She's a law student together with some of Logan's friends. And she's a party girl. Always drinking. Always wasted.

My phone started ringing from the table. My eyes left Kie and I gazed over my phone. There was an incoming call from Solandra.

I automatically smiled.

God, I missed her. It's been months. And I just want to hug and kiss her. Their last sem already ended and I know she was dying to have a break from school.

I stood up and got my phone and accepted the call.

" Hi!" she greeted enthusiastically.

" Hey, babe. What are you up to?"

" Wala! I was about to take nap when I remembered I have to call you."

I laughed. " You're too hyper. I can sense your vibe from there."

" Duh, our hearts beat us one!" She giggled. " I miss you!"

" I-

" Archimedes!" Kie shot up from lying on the sofa. I looked back at her.

" Who's that?" Solandra asked on the other line.

I closed my eyes and swallowed. Damn. I haven't told her about Kie and this non-existent friendship with her.

" Just a friend."

" A friend? Gabi na! You're outside?"

" No, I'm at my room."

" You have a woman inside your room?!" she raised her voice.

" Aaarch!" Kie continued calling my name but her eyes were closed. I brushed my hair in frustration.

" God, No- I mean yes, she's in our room. She was drunk."

" And you let her inside? Wala ba siyang bahay o dorm?" I cam feel her irritation.

" Baby..." I called.

" God, I'm so stupid." she said on the other line. My brows furrowed because I don't get what she's saying.

" Solandra--"

" I'm here at the coffeeshop near Stanford." she told me.

" What?" my lips parted.

" And I'm leaving."

" No, stay there. I'll come and get you!"

" 'Wag na. You have a woman in your room and she needs your attention. Bago mong girlfriend?" she mocked.

" Babe, it's not what you think!" I hurried to get my coat. I looked back at Kie who's still calling my name.

" No, I'm leaving." I heard Solandra said on the other line.

" The hell? No, stay there."