Steve Rogers X Reader - Physical

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Physical' by Dua Lipa. I leant into the lyrics a little, with a focus on the line "All night I'll riot with you; I know you got my back and you know I got you." It's pretty short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Perhaps there was somewhere else you would have preferred to be spending your weekend than stuck at an airport. There were definitely different activities you would prefer to be doing than fighting with people that you would have considered your friends a week or so ago. It wasn't exactly the way you had expected to see Germany for the first time. 

A few years ago, you would have called yourself an idiot for running off to fight a battle just because your boyfriend was going to. But you and Steve had always been one of those couples. He had your back when you need it, and you had his. There was very little you wouldn't do to make sure that he had your support. 

"I don't like this," Steve murmured beside you. He'd been trying for days to persuade you to just go home. It would be safer. You would be happier. You wouldn't become one of the most wanted criminals in the world. But nothing he said would ever change your mind. You needed to be at Steve's side and as much as he would never admit it, he needed you there too. 

"Don't go wimping out on me," you uttered back, glancing at him with a smirk. "And don't go pulling punches just because it's Tony. He can take it." Steve snorted slightly, though it held little humour. You reached out, linking your fingers with his. "You're doing the right thing."

A soft sigh slipped from his lips as he dragged you closer to him, pressing his lips to the top of your head. "You sure?"

You nodded against him, desperate for this last little bit of contact before the storm came. There wasn't a doubt in your mind that you were on the right side of this, and you were certain that it would still end in a big mess for all involved. "Yep," you uttered, leaning up to press a kiss to his lips. "And I'm always right, remember?"

Steve smiled, but it quickly faded as he drew you into another kiss, pressing his forehead against yours as he pulled away. "Nothing will ever be the same when this is over," he told you his fingers brushing across your cheek. He had always been so gentle with you, even though he knew you didn't need him to be, and suddenly, the sweet gesture had broken you, causing you to take in a sudden deep breath.

"We will be," you murmured, forcing a smile onto your lips. "We always are."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x