⚜Chapter 12⚜

Dance Back From The Grave

❇❇❇❇

He stopped being sweet the day they tried to take her from him.

❇❇❇❇

"Has she woken up yet?" Niklaus asked his sister in a low voice as he and Stefan stood with worrisome glances. The blonde shook her head in denial. 

"He hasn't left her side for a second," Rebekah informed them as they stood outside Elijah and Isabelle's room and watched how the noirette was still unconscious. It was almost dawn and Niklaus and Stefan had gone and come back after running some errands in the Quarter.

Everyone in the household was getting antsy as to what was taking Isabelle so long to wake up after a mere snap in the neck and none more than Elijah.

Davina, who felt guilty and upset for the angel's current state was difficult to put to sleep. But Hayley managed to do so since she knew how the previous day had taken a toll on the young witch. 

Kol and Jeremy were out investigating what happened to the power released after the Harvest. The same power, which should have resurrected the three Harvest girls and returned Davina her magic, was simply gone because none of those things happened. Kol knew enough about witches to understand that such power does not just vanish into thin air especially after they had consecrated their mother in the soil of the city.

"I don't understand what is taking so long for her to wake up," Jeremy muttered to himself as he clutched the railing of the balcony in anger. Rebekah looked at him somberly because she knew how important his sister was to him. She was important to all of them.

"What if she's in limbo with the Harvest girls?" Stefan pointed out as he tried to keep his voice low, in order to not worry the noble Original sitting beside his mate, "I mean it's obvious that the power went somewhere and if the Harvest was actually working then why didn't the girls wake up? What if Izzy is in the same state as them?"

"It could be a possibility," Rebekah whispered as she pondered over his words before Niklaus shook his head. They looked at him questioningly.

"Izzy was never a Harvest girl. Nor is she a witch. She is an Angel who is currently in a vampire's body. So the role she played in the Harvest was that of a vessel for Davina's magic and nothing more. She simply anchored the magic from Davina and into the earth. There's no possible ending where she would end up with the other girls. The ancestral purgatory cannot hold her soul." Niklaus explained seriously which made them realize that he was right. Jeremy kicked the railing in frustration. He was scared for his sister.

"What does Elijah want to do about this?" Stefan asked the Mikaelson sister.

"He hasn't said a word since we came back." 

"He's the only one who can bring her back. It's high time, he needs to find out what is wrong with her." Jeremy mumbled.

"I don't have the heart to disturb him, he's as it is looking vulnerable," Rebekah answered as Niklaus and Stefan turned to the Original who had an impassive expression on his face as he sat by his mate's bedside and waited for her to wake up again. 

"Well someone has to, he's her mate and he needs to bring her back," Niklaus muttered before he walked up to his brother.