12| Paranoia & Jealousy Don't Mix

Sean's POV

"we need to talk."

kaycee looked at me perplexed. her eyebrows furrowed at my statement. "what about?" she asked, crossing her arms. i huffed out some air and leaned on the wall behind me before taking her hand. she didn't budge as she was nervous.

"angel, come here." i ordered in a soft, yet stern tone. kaycee obliged, a blush already filling up her cheeks. "what is it? you're making me anxious. we never 'have to talk.'" she whined slightly, putting her hands up for quotations. i chuckled at how nervous she was and wrapped my arm around her waist. her eyes held fear and confusion as i looked into them closely.

"i just want to make sure everything's good, you know? that we're good. i know you hate seeing me fight or angry in general." i reassured. kaycee smiled tenderly then looked down. "well i'm not a fan, but i get it. he said some things just like gabe said some things. you did what you felt was right, which i can't necessarily be mad at." she shrugged while playing with my hand that she was holding.

"yes you can. are you?" i asked. i could tell she had something pent up. i just couldn't crack what it was. kaycee a month ago would've told me that i was wrong and then would cry at the possibility of me getting hurt. that was just against gabe. this time, it was someone more significant in our lives but it wasn't breaking her.

"no, i can't be. you felt like it was right." kaycee replied. i had to hold in a groan at her statement. she was being nice and naive. it needs to stop if i want to get this problem situated. "kaycee, that's not-" i let the frustrated groan free from my lips. "let me give you an example then, since you're sticking by this answer. a couple months ago, when i said i hated you in boston, i did it because it felt right at the time. therefore, you can't be mad at me. how does that make sense, love?" i asked.

"well in that case, it doesn't-" she started but i cut her off. "but with josh it does?" i said with squinted eyes. kaycee pulled away and looked at me crazy. "what are you trying to get at, lew?" she asked, raising her voice slightly.

"why are you angry with josh? and i know it's more than just this morning so don't even try telling me that's it." i asked sternly.

"don't accuse me like you're not angry with him too." kaycee said in an offended tone, pointing to herself. "that's not the point, kaycee! the point is that you care about what he thinks and how he acts. and if i must say, it's pretty off putting." i explained, desperately wanting her to understand.

it was like he had some type of power over her with everything he did. whether it was when they were talking, hugging, or arguing, he always had some part of her wrapped around his finger and i'm starting to notice.

her mouth opened but she froze before raising her waving index finger. "you're jealous again, aren't you?" she asked. despite the knowing smile on her face, i could immediately read the disappointment on her face. i bowed my head as my girlfriend read me just by a glance. a sigh broke free from my lips. "yes, okay?! happy? yes, i'm jealous. i'm jealous about how you respond to his affection, how you smile at him when he makes you laugh, how you guys connect. you don't look at me like you look at him, kaycee." i said out of anger.

kaycee sighed softly, her eyes softening before stepping close to me. her body leaned on mine as her arms wrapped around my torso. "you know why i don't look at you the way i look at him?" she asked. her hand cupped my chin, holding it gently in her fingertips. kaycee took my silence as a sign to continue. "it's because he's my friend. you, on the other hand, are someone i'm incredibly in love with."

i met her eyes, seeing how they sparkled as they bored into mine. "you promised me to stop being jealous. it's time for you to stick to that, lew." kaycee said before pecking my lips. "i only want to be with you."