Get it off!

Draco POV

I woke up to the sound of Hermione screaming bloody murder. I jump up and see her wrapped in vines.

She was panicking and trying to break free.

It was quite hilarious but that wasn't what I needed to focus on.

"Hermione! This is not like devil's snare! You need to move as much as possible or else that thing is gonna consume you"

"Why is this even here Draco! Did you know about this!"

"Not important! Now do it!" (Just do it)

She sighed then used her elbows to put force allowing her to gain wiggle room.

"I can't stun it! It'll just tighten its grip!"

I took a jump of fate and started to climb the sack of vines.

The Wiggle room Hermione had gained allowed the creature to pull her down and encase her easily.

I jumped on top of it and started to pry at the top of it. I heavily sighed and pulled out my wand.

"Impetus Scraconius! (This is a spell I made up. But In the story Draco made it)

As I yelled that a flame erupted from my wand in the shape of a dragon. It dived to the vine creature and burned through the thick layer of vines I could see Hermione in a corner of all the disaster inside the plant. I reached my arms in and was able to grab her elbow. I lifted her a bit then was able to reach her waist and quickly picked her up.

She was unconscious which probably explains why she didn't yell at me.

I caressed her head and held her close to my chest.

That was too close.

I know at first I thought it was funny but as the situation went on.

It terrified me.

I held her a little closer to me.

I sighed and spoke in a hushed voice.

"Oh Hermione. Why do you do this to me? You drive me crazy! You taunt me with that brain of yours, you gave me a chance not many would be willing to give. You treat me as if I did nothing wrong! If I had done something right you wouldn't have that mark on your arm, Dumbledore May might have just been alive, Snape might still be here, and the Weasley's home wouldn't have been destroyed. The truth is, well I love you and I promise you I will never let anything happen to you again."

Just as I finished she had started to stir in my arms. If only she knew.

Hermione POV

Of course I heard everything but Draco doesn't need to know that. Of course I feel the same about him but he couldn't prevent any of those things and I never held them against him.

Why?

Because fear is the worst karma we can face.

—————-

Hope y'all liked it!