Twenty-two

Heads up, this chapter isn't too good so it might be boring. Next one will be good!!!

M a x POV

'Dear students of SF university.
As you all may know, a gas pipe exploded and you were all sent home for a bit while forensics investigate how and what exactly happened.

Good news however, we are pleased to inform you that school is back up and running next monday. We have planned it so students have the weekend to settle back in to school. We hope there is no inconvenience, if there may be one, please don't hesitate to contact administration.

We're excited to see you all back and learning!

Kind regards,

Mr. Wolfe.'

"Lara is not gonna be happy," Ryan sighed rubbing his face. To be honest we completely forgot about College, It's been so fun hanging out here but, I guess It's time to go back.

"If only we could say the same for maia," I frowned and closed the email we were sent from school, "well go see Lara, you have two days to spend it with her before we leave, I can pack our things."

"No we're all going to hang out, like a group who has just met," Ryan said punching my arm gently.

"Bro I can't hang out with Maia, I would love to spend these last few days with everyone but my heart take looking at her anymore, And we go back to college on Monday, I can't keep trying for her," I told Ryan truthfully.

"Yeah I'm gonna go talk to the doctor before we go, come if you want but she's my sister, imagine if her whole childhood just didn't come back," Ryan sighed, "Yeah I- unless she calls me then I'll be more than happy to get her back but right now, she could pick that other guy she was talking about."

"I wish I could tell you good news but sadly I only know what you know, maybe if you're meant to be with her then the memory will come back but for all I know she might not even remember me," Ryan looked like he wanted to cry.

"Man I don't even think I want to say goodbye, I can't, can I just sit this one out please," I begged. I can't see her gorgeous face anymore.

"Okay okay, I'll let her know you said bye though, you'll come running back to her, I know you will," Ryan smiled. I just rolled my eyes and went to head out.

"Go hang out with them, I'll pack our stuff."

I quickly walked out before he could say anything. He can deal with the harsh goodbyes, I'll pack.
I should probably say bye to Lara but she'll probably be with Maia.

I did lie to Ryan though, I want to write Maia a note instead of talking to her. I don't know what it'll help but I can't just leave.

___

M a i a POV

"Ohhh I remember Max telling me about that the other day, that's so sad that you guys have to leave," I said to Ryan who was sat beside Lara.

"Where is Max by the way?" Lara asked. Ryan glanced at me before looking back to Lara. Not just a normal glance as well, it was a weird one.

"Uh he couldn't make it, he's packing our things and we're gonna leave when we get back home," Ryan replied.

Lara started tearing up as she rested her head on his shoulder.

As I stared at them. Something popped into my mind. It's like this was just sitting at the back of my brain.

"Did we go camping sometime?" I asked and Ryan and Laras heads snapped up.

"Yes, that was just before your accident, why what do you remember?" Ryan rushed out. He was speaking a little too fast.

"Uhm It's just I remember you two sitting on a log around the campfire and some guy beside me, It's weird," I shook it off but Ryan and Lara couldn't stop smiling at me.

"That's Max," Ryan sighed. I simply nod and continue drinking my coffee. I hope this weird feeling goes away.

Once we reached my house, Max was already throwing suitcases into the back of Ryans truck. He looked at us as we pulled in before turning away and heading back into the house.

I walked inside and Max walked out gave me a quick smile and jumped into the car. What's his problem.
Ryan quickly ran upstairs before coming down and giving me a hug.

"Best believe I'm coming back and hopefully who remember who I am, don't forget to go to your doctors appointments and even if you don't remember me I'll be here for your graduation," He kissed my cheek and walked outside.

"Love you sis!" He called from the car. Lara put her head on my shoulders as we waved goodbye.

"Max didn't look at me once driving off, is he okay?" I asked Lara.

"Yea he's probably just upset that he has to go back to school."

He could've at least said goodbye.

__

This is such a rushed chapter. I'm sorry It's bad but next chapter will be better I promise. And I'll get that one out sooner than usual.

Thanks for sticking around for the story tho <3