» 37

"You know, I think Oreos are the best snack there is out there."

"I think you'd find that sour patch kids are... but only the watermelon ones, the others suck."

Hyuna let out a genial laugh, watching as her best friend pretended to thrown up at the thought of other lollies existing that aren't watermelon flavoured or sour.

"Sour patch kids are pretty good." Hyuna nodded in agreement as the two made their way into the large cafeteria.

The smell of food and the sound of laughter and gossip spread through their senses, indulging them in a somewhat quintessential high school experience.

The cafeteria was no better than the hallways, it was crowded and hot, but the cafeteria had one thing the hallways did not- food.

Now, it was never the best food, it wasn't made by mum with love, but it was their escape from the classes that caused a fraction of their souls to diminish with each passing second.

The two friends had made their way through the line, grabbing what they deemed to be the healthiest- or less oily- options, and sitting down at one of the many free tables.

"So, I was thinking," Hyuna started, placing a grape into her mouth and chewing. "Because I've finished all my homework I've needed to do, how about we have another girls day? You, me, pizza and a film, sound good?"

Myunghee began scratching the back of her neck, guilt ridden on her face as she looked over her best friends shoulder, gazing at someone before looking back to Hyuna.

"I'm sorry Hyun, but I kinda promised Kyongie that we'd do something. I hope you understand."

Hyuna felt a pang to her heart, a sullen feeling encasing her body as she once again puts on a fake smile and nods. "Yeah that's all good, I don't mind."

"And, also... he asked me this morning if I could sit with him during lunch. I can just say no if you want, I'm sure he won't mind!" She said, trying not to hurt the girls feelings, but ultimately failing as she once again looked over Hyunas shoulder.

Hyuna followed her gaze to behind her to see a beaming Kyong, smiling like a child and waving at his girlfriend love struck.

Hyuna turned back around to see Myunghee waving back, she let out a sigh and her eyes softened, "go ahead." Hyuna nudged her head to point at the boy, giving her an indication to go to his side.

"Are you sure? Maybe we can-"

"Myunghee, just go, I'll be fine." The girl reassured, watching as her friend got up and hugged her quickly.

"Thank you so much Hyun, I'll make it up to you." She said letting go of the girl and running to her boyfriends side, tray of food in hand and leaving a now lonesome Hyuna.

Maybe she was being selfish, she couldn't expect Myunghee to be at her side all the time. But it felt like now she was all alone, having no one to talk to besides-

"What is a pretty girl like you doing sitting alone?"