The Ball - Day 3

Anastasia slowly crept into her's and Octavia's temporary home after spending the night away from it. She just prayed Octavia wouldn't be too mad. She opened the door and slowly closed it so that it would not make a sound.

"Hello."

"AH!" Ana turned around and saw Octavia leisure laying on the sofa, I see you didn't return home last night, I had to change myself you know." She drank out of a mug of tea.

"I- I'm sorry Lady Octavia-"

"Hah! Please, I'm capable of doing basic tasks myself." She raised the mug in proof of that, "So... where were you?" She raised a brow.

"Oh, haha..." Ana rubbed her neck, "I made some company with the locals of the town."

"Company?" Octavia raised herself off the sofa, "What kind of company? You were gone the entire night." Octavia smiled.

"Oh, um, well..."

Octavia laughed, "Oh, it's fun to tease you, but seriously, what was their name?" She nudged Ana.

"Oh, uh... Hyperion."

Octavia dropped her mug. It shattered to the floor as hot tea spread all over there feat, Ana hissed in pain whereas Octavia didn't seem affected by it, "Hy- Hyperion?! You mean Hyperion Vaxater?"

"Uhh..." Ana couldn't tell if she had pissed herself or was just sweating profusely in her nether regions. "Yeah?"

"Ana." Octavia grasped her shoulders, "Don't ever see him again, you hear me, The Vaxater family can't be trusted, that little bitch burst into the ball last night announced, he may have been invited but his aura was anything but friendly, I am telling you for your own safety to never see him again, understood."

"...yeah."

"Good." She let go of Ana and looked at the mess she made, "Now clean this you will you? I need to go change." And with that Octavia went upstairs leaving Ana to her lonesome.

-

Hyperion trotted downstairs looking very satisfied whilst Helios drank his morning coffee, "You look happy." He said spitefully.

"Oh, cousin, you would never understand." He sat down next to him.

"Oh trust me, I would." He thought back to that one special night.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Anyway, today, and tomorrow and the day after that, we will be searching for this Jayne Smith until we find her, and finally go home."

"Yeah..." Helios replied dejectedly.

He knew that the Jayne he had slept with a few years ago was the same Jayne that he and his cousin were looking for for quite some time now. the morning after she left, he just had to do some digging onto who this mysterious girl was. He gave her his virtue and he hadn't even known her name. He just had to do some digging and with enough questions (and bribery) he eventually found out who she was.

His heart had sunk when he discovered that her name was Jayne Smith, the same girl who Selene wanted to be brought back. He hoped and prayed that maybe another Jayne Smith lived in Telepylus, but alas he could not find another girl with the same name and Selene would know if he brought back the wrong girl.

He had thought back to what she said, she told him she was on the run, she didn't say where she was from, but with gossiping with people who worked in the Palace he found out she was from Aeolia, and she didn't 'run away' but was instead was sent as a gift with her and some boy and a white horse to work at the Palace. Perhaps she was sent to work there against her will? But she said she was a fugitive.