Chapter 4

POV: Peter Parker

It was a pretty average night on my patrol.

Stopped a bank robbery, helped stop a car chase, got punched a few times, and then nearly froze my ass off. This was just becoming apart of my routine.

I pulled up my suit sleeve to reveal my watch. It was old and cracked, and hardly working. Sometimes it froze but I was able to start it again.

I checked the time and muttered to myself, "Shit."

I should've been home by now but my headache was slowing me down. I just had to hope that Mrs. Games wouldn't check on us tonight.

If she knew I had snuck out, I would be in huge trouble.

I stood from the roof of the brick building I had been sitting on and started swinging. I loved taking in the cool night air. Especially when it was a Friday night, because then I didn't have to worry about school in the morning.

"Wahoo!" I yelled into the night. I loved swinging at this time. Or did I already metion that?

I landed in an alley next to a side street leading to the orphanage. Then, I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the city I've sworn to protect.

When I was done, I lightly jogged down the alley way and climbed up the orphanage wall. I peered in the bathroom window and saw that the coast was clear. I slowly pulled open the window and crawled in.

I changed into some sweatpants and just continued wearing the shirt and hoodie I'd worn earlier to keep warm.

I hid my suit and got into my 'bed'. I groaned lightly and eventually fell asleep.

***

Beep beep.

Beep beep.

I woke to an alarm on my phone going nuts. I rubbed my eyes and shut off the alarm. Then, I changed into the same jeans I wore yesterday and headed to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a handful of eggs. I also searched the cabinets for a frying pan. I cracked the eggs and then went back to the fridge for a pack of bacon.

Then, I went back to the stove and proceeded to burn my hand.

"Mother fucker!"

"Peter?"

I turn around and see Henry watching me. "He- hey man," I say looking back at the eggs.

I noticed my voice sounded really tired. Probably because I got about three or four hours of sleep. "You sound reeeally tired, and you look terrible, Pete."

I looked into his eyes. He had bright blue eyes once, when he came here. Then they faded as he, no we, got more broken everyday.

When I didn't speak, he asked, "Mr. Games was trying to find you last night... Where were you?" Well, fuck.

"Wha- why?" I watched Henry toast a few pieces of bread. I also ignored the second part of the question.

"Because one, you snuck out, and two, your school called."

I froze. Why did they call? I- I didn't think I did something wrong.

As if Henry could read my thoughts, he added, "I don't know why, Peter."

I sighed and finished making breakfast.

And no, we don't get to eat this good a meal. We eat toast and sometimes other things if we're lucky. The eggs and bacon I cooked were for Mr. and Mrs. Games.

I usually didn't eat any breakfast. I mean, I could but the younger kids need to eat.

Last time I think I ate was... I can't even remember. Maybe Wednesday.

Henry bit into a piece of toast, without butter of course, and gave me the other half. I probably looked weary eating because he frowned at me.

**Hey hey hey everyone!**

Like I said before, shorter chapters and more frequent updates.

How are y'all doing?
Thanks for asking, I'm doing pretty well, my Nintendo switch lite arrived today and I can't wait to play Animal Crossing. :))

Words: 662

Aztecl out