Pond Time

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

I blinked in confusion at Julius's question. I thought about it for a long hard while. I honestly didn't know. He just had this weird obsession with me. My eyes darted around the room while I thought. I bit my lip as I put my hand to face, resting under my chin.

"It's alright, (M/N) I want you to trust your instincts"

"I'm really not sure, I really don't remember meeting him before. I think it's because I was able to fool him despite him having strong sensing skills. I'm also very in touch with nature. I've always been."

"Why?"

"It's the only reason I'm here now."

"What do you mean?"
-

I left after that, the doors shutting behind me not before waving him goodbye. I found Asta as stiff as a board while Yami was casually still puffing his cigar. I walked over and poked Asta's side, effectively scaring him. I gave him a smile which he returned with an awkward smile which Yami face palmed at. We began walking and pointed out Asta's current state.

"The truth, no one has expected anything from me, so when the Magic Emperor says stuff like that I just..."

"I know the feeling, I can't truly understand what's that like since I'm not you. I don't have your exact history but I can relate"

"(M/N)..."

Asta's voice sounded weak as his eyes widened. That wasn't like him, the Asta I knew never gave up in the face of an obstacle. Yami must have had enough of Asta's self doubt so he gave a hard pat on the back to him. It brought Asta and I to a state of confusion.

"I welcomed you to the Magic Knights because I thought you could handle it so surpass your limits."

"Hell yes!"

Pulling Asta closer, I laughed and ruffled Asta's hair as he began running. In the end, he took off to look for the girl he helped. I sighed as I slowly watched his form dissepear. I was left standing with a sad smile on my face while Yami looked at me. I replaced it with a bright smile instead. His hand stretched out and gave me a pat on the back too.

"I meant you too (M/N), but there's no need to put up such a tough front"

"I have no idea what you're talking ab-"

"Give me that bullshit one more time and I will throw you into the pond right over there. I noticed you let people rely on you but you don't rely back unless you're unconscious."

"I'm no- hey!"

I got picked up and swung into the pond. The water felt cold and soaked my clothes. I was thrown in the shallow pond on my back, my arms at my side clutching the foundation of the pond. I sat halfway up and glared at Yami who stood above me. His figure casting a light shadow at my feet. He let go of his cigarette, letting it fall to the ground before stepping on it.

"I told you I would throw you in the pond if you gave that bullshit. Next, Ill throw you in the next lake I find or drown you right here. Now, are you going to start relying on us?"

Hesitantly, I nodded as I watched Yami's form. Especially his black yellow eyes that watched me with their every moment. His eyes trailed down before quickly looking away with a smirk. I looked down confusion before noticing my translucent shirt sticking out since my shirt was white. I got embarrassed and apologised profusely. I left a smirking Yami at the pond.

I changed my mana to find Gauche since Asta had no mana to find him by. Mary would be near Gauche since he would be visiting the nun. I can't remember her name even though Marx just mentioned it. I looked back down at my attire and it was still sloppy wet but since no one could really see me, it should be fine.

I followed the mana of Gauche and ended up at a church. I followed it into one of the rooms and saw him there with Mary pouting at him. She told him to be nicer to the nun. He turned around happily agreeing before turning back around only to glare at the nun.

"Hey Mary, you doing good?"

"It's flower boy! Pick me up pleasee?"

Mary came over and I picked her even though I was still damp. She didn't seem to mind and it fuelled her need to be picked up. She asked for more flowers and I grew them out of the palm of my hand. She brought them to her face with a content look. I smiled at her and she returned with a toothy one of her own.

Gauche was radiating a dark aura before seeing it was me. His mood brightened instantly. I apologised if I made the floor wet but he insisted it was fine. I walked over to the nun and healed her a bit as Mary just kept poking my flowers, tugging on them to pull them out. The nun thanked me with a bright smile on her face but I just returned her thanks making her give me a pinch.

Together, Mary and I walked outside to see Asta surrounded by the Noelle and the other girl. She had just planted a kiss on his cheek which Mary saw and asked for one too. I laughed lightly as Gauche threatened to kill Asta right then and there. I rested a hand on Gauche's shoulder to calm him down.

Gauche turned a bit pink but that was because of Mary's bright smile. He turned to the nun and told her how glad he was that she was alive. Even she seemed surprised before smiling. At that moment, we all heard Asta's voice outside.

"Huh?Asta is here!Yay! Flower boy let's go!"

"Sure"

"Mary no! I should kill him"

I hugged Mary and walked outside, closing the door behind me so Gauche had hurdles to get through. We both left the church doors and saw Asta standing there with a girl kissing his cheek. What the heck happened?

"No fair I wanna kiss Asta to pleaase?"

"Asta, I'm going to separate your head from your body!"

"What did I do?!"

A/N: Thank you all for reading! I've been super excited to write this story that I'm already past the festival arc. I love the comments. Also, maybe I should make Mereoleona a guy and add him to the love interests but let me know what you think!

 Also, maybe I should make Mereoleona a guy and add him to the love interests but let me know what you think!